White Platinum Color Fading on bumpers only - 2012 Edge Limited

I have a 2012 Edge Limited in White Platinum (you know, the extra $500 paint job...) Well I have noticed that my front and back bumpers are starting to fade to a yellowish tint. The paint on the plastic bumpers is a different color then the metal sides. Anyone else have this issue?

I have attached a photo so you can see the difference.

post-27407-0-16636000-1375704676_thumb.jpg

I have a 2012 Edge Limited in White Platinum (you know, the extra $500 paint job...) Well I have noticed that my front and back bumpers are starting to fade to a yellowish tint. The paint on the plastic bumpers is a different color then the metal sides. Anyone else have this issue?

I have attached a photo so you can see the difference.

Same Problem with my 2011 Edge Sport .

Ford has messed this up somehow - not considering the paint was going on a plastic bumper instead of metal so processes needed to be different or something

Dealer said they would repaint them to match but I have never had much luck with non factory paint holding up to driving conditions - non factory paint seems to chip a lot easier.

He also mentioned that the bumpers are not painted at the same location as the Edge Body. I have also noticed that my fuel door is doing the same thing

e1b2436b-a522-4dcd-a5e9-fba7c136ca9d_zps

Edited by tmbubell

This is actually an issue with different brands as well, my in-laws have a white Honda Pilot, and the bumper and plastic fuel filler door does not match the body paint exactly. They noticed it when they lost ( or was stolen) the fuel filler door and noticed that the replacement was not matching the color of the body. They complained to the dealer and they changed it a few time, but they could never replicate the same glossy white.

My wife's white Mazda 3 however does not have that issue, bumper and body matches perfectly.

So I guess it is a common issue with white car, but not impossible to do if Mazda can do it.