New Member Intro

sixponies

Hello All,

I just purchased a 2011 Ford CPO Edge Limited last weekend. ~32K miles, Red Candy/Black interior, MFT, Vista Roof, 20" wheels/tires. I'm loving it so far. Moved "up" from a 2004 Sport Trac Adrenalin that I'd owned for nine years prior to selling it a few weeks ago. I was a longtime member of The Sport Trac Website (where I went by the handle "TrainTrac") and a good friend of Dingo's. He actually helped me in deciding what to purchase to replace the '04 Trac. I'd been looking at Gen 1 Edges, Gen 2 Tracs, and Gen 2 Edges. Finally decided on this 2011 when I found it. I actually drove about 3.5 hours to get it, because I couldn't find anything closer equipped the with the options that I wanted.

I joined this site a few months ago when I became interested in the Edge as a possible replacement for the Trac. I pretty much trolled the site until today, doing a ton of research on here about different model years, options, mods, etc. Like many of you here I love to turn wrenches on/mod my vehicles, and I've gotten plenty of ideas from this forum already, and the list is growing!

Along with Dingo, I see a few other familiar names on here from The Sport Trac Website like Spaceman Spiff and Bob C. I guess the Edge is what many former Sport Trac owners migrate to if they don't want an F150. That's what I did. I love the interior space in the Edge, it drives great so far, and I avergage of 28MPG coming home from the dealer on Saturday.

So, as I said earlier, let the modding begin. I'm sure I'll have questions for the veterans on here about mods. Have a great weekend!

Edited by sixponies

Love that Red Candy =P

You'll love the ride. Just cruise around the forum here and you'll see plenty of great ideas and exactly where to get them as well. Some of our members are also distributors of some mods! Post any questions at all in their proper section and they'll be answered by some very knowledgeable community members!

• Like 1

Love that Red Candy =P

You'll love the ride. Just cruise around the forum here and you'll see plenty of great ideas and exactly where to get them as well. Some of our members are also distributors of some mods! Post any questions at all in their proper section and they'll be answered by some very knowledgeable community members!

Welcome and Hello Train Trac, Terbo Trac here from mysporttrac.com. I went to a F150 for a couple of years then recently to a 2011 Edge and very happy with the Edge.

OtherAndy!

Welcome, sixponies! Have you/are you planning on adding more tint to the windows? Black interiors ;)

Thanks for the greetings, all.

KingMike: I'm loving the ride already. It's a big step up from my '02 and '04 Sport Tracs. The mod list is growing faster than my wallet (isn't that always the case?) :) I've got some ideas based on mods I did to my Sport Trac, and rest assured I'll be picking the brains of the "experts" around here. ;)

fledgex: Yeah, I didn't want an F150 as a replacement for the Trac. I just don't have a need for a truck that big. Plus, I didn't want to spend that much for either the truck or the gas it would consume. I'd been looking at Gen 2 Tracs and Edges, but low mileage, good condition Gen 2 Tracs are very hard to find. After talking about Gen 2 Tracs vs. Edges with Dingo, I started leaning towards the Edge. And when I found this one, that sealed the deal on my decision. All of the other Edges I was looking at were 2009 or 2010 models. The were in the same price range is this 2011 with similar or fewer miles, but I really liked the Gen 2 Edge interior better, and the fact that it was Certified Pre-Owned helped too.

Dingo: Not OtherAndy! :rockon: Just fair warning, my friend: As my mod list grows, I'm probably going to be firing a lot of questions your way, so bear with me if I seem like a pain in your @$$.

Edited by sixponies