AVS aeroskin hood deflector

Larry

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It uses 3M adhesive. The "color" of the chrome is not an exact match to factory. I used it to cover some scratches on the leading edge of the hood. It looks good. Nobody has noticed the off color. When I mention it they attribute it to the sharper angle of the hood at that point and the way the light reflects off but then they look closer and say "Yeah, I see what you mean". To sum up... if you want factory looking chrome this aint it.

It sticks on with 3M tape and is VERY flush. If you get one INSPECT ALL the tape backer for cuts intentional or not. They tell you to peel it off from the middle a little and the end to get it started so you can have it on the hood and slowly peel outward from the middle. Guess what, mine was cut in one more spot between the end and middle so I was stuck trying to get that tape out. Thanks exacto knife!

Mine also already took a rock or something and is knicked, its black on that spot now... I think the chrome is very thin.

Aeroskin_zps66fe0797.jpg

Edited by 12Edge