Adjusting Hood Latch on 13' Edge ?

kkkkken

My Edge (2013) hood requires that I hold it about 12" in the air - and then let it fall to close. If I don't do this - it doesn't latch and I have to re-open it then let it slam again.

Dealer I bought from said they are all like that...... I didn't argue at that point - I'll figure it out on my own.

I did a search on this forum - can't see any comments about how to adjust the hood latch mechanism - so if anyone knows how to do it - please post. I'll have a look at it this weekend and see what the deal is.

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

This was a simple fix. There are two bolts holding the catch portion of the latch: loosen these bolts and raise the catch just a little bit. Tighten and test. Mine now closes with finger pressure. It didn't make sense to me that the hood had to be slammed to catch.

I'll take a pic tomorrow and show what the two bolts look like. This was a 2 minute adjustment.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This was a simple fix. There are two bolts holding the catch portion of the latch: loosen these bolts and raise the catch just a little bit. Tighten and test. Mine now closes with finger pressure. It didn't make sense to me that the hood had to be slammed to catch.

I'll take a pic tomorrow and show what the two bolts look like. This was a 2 minute adjustment.

Do you have those pics?

Thanks.

• 7 months later...

Yup.. Yup..

I used a 5/16 gear wrench, though this could be better accomplished with a small socket and ratchet.

IMG_1474.jpg

There are two bolts that secure the latching mechanism to the chassis. Loosen both bolts until you can move the mechanism, but do not completely remove the bolts.

IMG_1473-1.jpg

The bolt on your right has a slotted hole. You can slide the mechanism all the way up and tighten the bolts.

IMG_1475-1.jpg

Test it a few times to ensure that further adjustment is not necessary, and you are done.

I have found that after this adjustment I can latch my hood with light pressure. and unlatching from inside is quieter.

Clear as mud!

I hope this helps!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

is this thing recommended by Ford dealer? becuase what I have heared that by changing the position of hood lock mechanism we may disturb the balancing of hood. as when we on high speeds like 120KM/h air pressure can disturb the shape of hood or disturb the postion of hood.can anyone advise on this?