Front Defroster

2013 Edge SEL with my Ford Snyc. etc.

I am having an issue with the front defroster not clearing the window. even at full blast and cold air, it creates pockets of blind spots where the condensation is not getting cleared.. last night it was so bad I had to sit closer to the steering wheel and peer over the lower portion of the windshiled just to safely see the road ahead.

any ideas of what can be causing this or what can be done to remidey the situation?

I hate that my first post here and afer a year and 12k miles this is my intro to the forum.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I am having this same issue when the temps are below 32 degrees. the back and side windows get so foggy its not safe to drive. I have to roll the windows down to change lanes. the front window occasionally get's really bad. depending on if there are multiple people in the car. if it's just me, then the front window is only foggy on the edges. All this is on the inside of the vehicle. I've taken it multiple times to my Ford Dealearship, the first time last winter when vehicle was only a few months old and again this year. They've seen the problem but can't find anything wrong. I brought it back there this morning hoping we could solve it. I suggested that they look to see if the air was being pulled from the outside or from the inside of the vehicle. they said it's pulling from the outside like it's supposed to. This is beyond frustrating. any suggestions? Today was the first time i found someone else who is having these same issues.

Edited by MikeyD

I am having this same issue when the temps are below 32 degrees. the back and side windows get so foggy its not safe to drive. I have to roll the windows down to change lanes. the front window occasionally get's really bad. depending on if there are multiple people in the car. if it's just me, then the front window is only foggy on the edges. All this is on the inside of the vehicle. I've taken it multiple times to my Ford Dealearship, the first time last winter when vehicle was only a few months old and again this year. They've seen the problem but can't find anything wrong. I brought it back there this morning hoping we could solve it. I suggested that they look to see if the air was being pulled from the outside or from the inside of the vehicle. they said it's pulling from the outside like it's supposed to. This is beyond frustrating. any suggestions? Today was the first time i found someone else who is having these same issues.

Hey MikeyD,

What's your year and mileage? Let me know and I'll look into available options.

Todd

Hey MikeyD,

What's your year and mileage? Let me know and I'll look into available options.

Todd

It's a 2013 with about 48K miles now. Have had the vehicle since October 2012 and first noticed the issue in December 2012 when it started getting cold. Had less than 10K miles when it first happened.

It's a 2013 with about 48K miles now. Have had the vehicle since October 2012 and first noticed the issue in December 2012 when it started getting cold. Had less than 10K miles when it first happened.

Thanks for getting back to me, MikeyD. I'd like to loop in your regional customer service manager; please send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, and servicing dealership.

Todd

• Like 1