Memory mirror not working properly

My wife's 07 Edge SEL 's driver side mirror is not moving to pre-set position using the controls on the driver's door. When I use her car(I am set for #2 position)the mirror goes up like it's looking at the sky. When she uses it, the mirror looks way out beyond the body line of the car. The seat works fine. Unless I'm not setting the pre-sets properly. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks for any info.

Set the mirror and seats for driver #1, then press and hold button #1 until you hear one beep, followed by another one, shortly after the 1st one. Then repeat for Driver 2m only holding button 2, for the same procedure. This should be outlined in your owners manual. If the problem still persists, then I would say that you do have a problem, will need the dealer to check it out

I had this same problem except the mirror would try to keep going and it would click. Well it lasted a week or so and died. You could still manually move and it would shimmy and shake while moving, but the memory part didn't work it was on the passenger mirror. My 11 edge only has 33,000 miles on it though. I took it in and had to argue with the moron tech at the dealership and finally got him to replace it. Well it went in to get done and the moron broke the mirror glass. Needless to say it finally got fixed and works as it is supposed to. As some one else said it is the mirror motor that is the issue.

I had this same problem except the mirror would try to keep going and it would click. Well it lasted a week or so and died. You could still manually move and it would shimmy and shake while moving, but the memory part didn't work it was on the passenger mirror. My 11 edge only has 33,000 miles on it though. I took it in and had to argue with the moron tech at the dealership and finally got him to replace it. Well it went in to get done and the moron broke the mirror glass. Needless to say it finally got fixed and works as it is supposed to. As some one else said it is the mirror motor that is the issue.

So why was the tech a moron? And what was the argument about? Just curious....

Hey Tom

When you hold it button for driver 1 and Driver 2, you will hear 2 beeps for each setting, not 1 beep for driver 1, and 2 beeps for driver 2. Just don't want you to be confused, whey not check it out in your owners manual, will be a lot clearer than my brief explanation.

Joe

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

First off, I've been having the same problem with the side mirrors on my 07 Edge Plus for years. I've taken it to the dealership twice and both times I've been told they don't know what the problem is. Secondly, the 07 Ford Edge DOES NOT BEEP when holding down either button 1 or 2. I always see that suggestion offered and it has caused myself and apparently many others to hold those buttons waiting for the magic beep to happen. It won't. Ever.

My guess is the motors are bad in both mirrors but I'll just wait for them to completely die before replacing them

BTW, are you using the correct procedure for an 2007? The press and hold fuction was correct for the 2009 (and possiblity the 2008 as well, I would have to check). Just to be certain, this is the correct procedure for an 2007.

1. Position the seat and mirrors to the desired position.

2. Press the SET control on the drivers door panel.

3. Within 5 five seconds, press the lock or unlock control on the Integrated keyhead Transmitter (FOB) and then press the 1 or 2 control on the drivers door panel which you would like to associate with the seat and Driver 1 or Driver 2 positions.

4. Repeat this procedure for the second Integrated Keyhead Transmitter if desired.

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 1