Vista Roof Motor

With everyone who is having problems with the Vista roof motor, I think it is time that Ford face the fact that they have a poor design and offer a recall. I have taken the motor out of mine and I found that the large plastic gear is stripped out. Everyone having this problem needs to contact Ford and demand that they fix problem. It is obvious that this was a new design and not engineered very well and needs to be made right. If you get on the Internet and survey this issue you will see there are a lot of vehicles with this issue. FORD FIX IT!!!!

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

With everyone who is having problems with the Vista roof motor, I think it is time that Ford face the fact that they have a poor design and offer a recall. I have taken the motor out of mine and I found that the large plastic gear is stripped out. Everyone having this problem needs to contact Ford and demand that they fix problem. It is obvious that this was a new design and not engineered very well and needs to be made right. If you get on the Internet and survey this issue you will see there are a lot of vehicles with this issue. FORD FIX IT!!!!

Same here. My roof stops short about 8 inches.

• 4 months later...

Per the vendor of the Vista Roof Panel, do not use lube. System should be dry. Most likely, the panel tracks are too tight. " Open roof and look inside of track. You will see bolts holding track. Just crack bolt,don't loosen off to much. Take a screw driver and lightly tap track over slightly. Tighten bolt repeat on next 3 bolts!"

• 4 weeks later...

had to have ours replaced too. pretty sad with as little use as it's had, that the motor would go bad that fast! The wife wants the 2016, (only because Ford didn't throw the rest of their left over My Touch in the garbage sooner!) hope the bugs are worked out for this new model, but notice in the 15's, you still have to use to many buttons to a open a moon roof!

had to have ours replaced too. pretty sad with as little use as it's had, that the motor would go bad that fast! The wife wants the 2016, (only because Ford didn't throw the rest of their left over My Touch in the garbage sooner!) hope the bugs are worked out for this new model, but notice in the 15's, you still have to use to many buttons to a open a moon roof!

Huh? You only have to use one button to open it.