Sd card

I just purchased a 2012 sel awd from a local used car dealer. And it's missing the sd card. The dealer wants to send out my system for an update. I don't believe they know what they are doing. I did some research online & it looks like I just new a new sd card. How much does ford charge for a new sd card??

I just purchased a 2012 sel awd from a local used car dealer. And it's missing the sd card. The dealer wants to send out my system for an update. I don't believe they know what they are doing. I did some research online & it looks like I just new a new sd card. How much does ford charge for a new sd card??

How do you know it came with the SD card? What does it say in the upper right hand corner - Information or missing SD card? The dealer should be able to get you a SD card for free if the vehicle came with nav. If not call Ford and they'll mail you one.

If you have factory navigation, you do need an SD card for the maps. Depending on what version of the Sync you are running, you will need either the A3 or the A4 card. The latest update included an A4 card since the old A3 card would not work properly with the new version update. If the dealer wants to update the system to the latest version, make sure they include the A4 card.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

New to the board, first post. Picked up my 2012 Edge Limited yesterday and am very pleased with it. I am downloading the latest SYNC update right now and before I install it in the vehicle I want to make sure it will be compatible with my SD card.

QUESTION: How can you tell what version my SD card is?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Are you asking about the SD card used for navigation? If so, it should be marked A4 which is the latest one to be used with the 3.6.2 Sync update. An A3 cad will not work anymore with 3.6.2

Ford provided the A4 card free when first downloading the update from the Ford site. I think dealers did also, but they might have had to do the update, even though there was no charge for the update.

Hello,

New to the board, first post. Picked up my 2012 Edge Limited yesterday and am very pleased with it. I am downloading the latest SYNC update right now and before I install it in the vehicle I want to make sure it will be compatible with my SD card.

QUESTION: How can you tell what version my SD card is?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Congrats on your new-to-you Edge and welcome to the board!

If you have the A3 or A4 SD card, you are up-to-date; either one will work with MyFord Touch version 3.6.2. Before downloading the update and trying to load it, check your software version in your Edge by pressing the following:

Gears > HELP ? > SYSTEM INFORMATION > CCPU S/W VERSION: x.xx.13171_PRODUCT

If it matches the five digits in blue (above), you have the latest 3.6.2 version of MyFord Touch. Let me know if you have any questions!

Rebecca

Edited by FordIVTteam

Hi Chris,

Congrats on yuor new-to-you Edge and welcome to the board!

If you have the A3 or A4 SD card, you are up-to-date; either one will work with MyFord Touch version 3.6.2. Before downloading the update and trying to load it, check your software version in your Edge by pressing the following:

Gears > HELP ? > SYSTEM INFORMATION > CCPU S/W VERSION: x.xx.13171_PRODUCT

If it matches the five digits in blue (above), you have the latest 3.6.2 version of MyFord Touch. Let me know if you have any questions!

Rebecca

That was one of the main things on the website before updating to the 3.6.2 version. They specifically stated the card had to be upgraded to the A4 because the A3 would not work. You entered your information on the site, and Ford mailed the new card out to you. I got mine the very next day if I recall.

The version before 3.6.2 would work with A3 from what I've read on these boards.

I think Rebecca is mistaken with her facts about the A3 working with 3.6.2 Here's one discussion about when the 3.6.2 came out. The previous version (3.5?) was compatible with A3 or A4

Keep in mind that the SYNC updates sometimes require an update to the SD card. This is for the NAV system maps of the US/Canada.

3.6.2 does not require a new SD card (if you have NAV A4, printed prominently on the card label). These are mailed free from Ford and have to be on hand before updating SYNC (according to the instructions, which I followed with success). NAV A4 came for the 3.5.1 SYNC update. The syncmyride site has the necessary link when the SD card update is needed (i.e., obvious).

Edited by ls973800

Rebecca is right, the 3.6.2 will work with either A3 or A4. It's the 3.5 version that will only work with A4. So it's kind of a moot point that 3.6.2 does work with the A3, since most people would have upgraded first to 3.5 which would have given them an A4 card anyway. The only people that would still have the A3 card are those whose car was built before 3.5 and skipped the previous updates.

• Like 1

Rebecca is right, the 3.6.2 will work with either A3 or A4. It's the 3.5 version that will only work with A4. So it's kind of a moot point that 3.6.2 does work with the A3, since most people would have upgraded first to 3.5 which would have given them an A4 card anyway. The only people that would still have the A3 card are those whose car was built before 3.5 and skipped the previous updates.

Aha.....so the 3.5 update forced everyone to A4 but the new 3.6.2 version was designed to work both A3 and A4. Makes sense.

• Like 1

akirby and ls973800,

The A3 SD card came with version 3.0.2, v3.2.2 was a minor update that did not required a new SD card, and A4 came with v3.5.1. The A3 card was not compatible with 3.5.1, but it is backwards compatible with verson 3.6.2. We still have a supply of A3 cards and they're currently being mailed to customers. If you have a lost or stolen A3 or A4 card we'll mail an A3; if you'd like an A4 card, they can be purchased through your dealership.

On our website, there was a disclaimer for customers with navigation prior to downloading version 3.5.1. This advised them to order a new SD card prior to updating MFT due to the A3 not being compatible. If you did not have a A4 card with v3.5.1, you could not use navigation. At that time, we were sending free A4 cards.

Rebecca

Edited by FordIVTteam

Thank you for the clarification between the A3 card and the A4 card. My Edge was built 06/2012 and I purchased it 07/2012. It came with the A3 card and I did at least one update before the 3.6.2. I would swear that I didn't get the A4 card until doing the 3.6.2 update. I would check my history but it wont work.

I can not get any info from the SyncMyRide.com site. I can sign in, but when I try to check for updates, or want to see my update history, this is what I get (this is only the first several lines of about 100 different script lines that I see)

Problem with the Sync site, or my computer which never had this error before when using the Sync site?

Error page exception The server cannot use the error page specified for your application to handle the Original Exception printed below. Please see the Error Page Exception below for a description of the problem with the specified error page.
Original Exception:

Error Message: java.lang.Error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.jsp._SYNCSoftware (wrong name: com/ibm/_jsp/_SYNCSoftware)
Error Code: 500
Target Servlet: /jsp/cs_deployed/FLS/Page/Account/SYNCSoftware.jsp
Error Stack:
java.lang.Exception: java.lang.Error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.jsp._SYNCSoftw

• 1 year later...