2010-2012 Flex Rims on 2011 Edge, will they fit?

Spaceman Spiff

I installed Flex 20" wheels on my 2013 Edge. There was another owner who posted about 1 month before I did mine that he had done the same thing. I don't recall what year Flex mine were off, but the hub size is the major concern. On our 2011-2013 Edges, the hub size is around 63mm. Earlier (2010 and older Edges) had a larger hub around 71mm I think.

Any Flex wheels I looked at on eBay always had the smaller hub size which fit our newer models. Offset, width, etc fit perfectly. I tried finding the posts made by myself and the other owner, but I had no luck doing a search.

The picture you linked to are what mine look like. I just don't remember what year mine were off and my receipt doesn't show the year.

Edited by ls973800

Where did you get the adapters? Thinking about this for mine as well.

All this was on mine when I got it. I only discovered it recently. The adapters are just universal 5 lug wheel spacers. Only pickle with using universal adapters is if they aren't placed dead center on the rotor it will cause the rotation to be out of balance. I suggest getting 1/4 spacers for our bolt pattern to make them fit the studs more snug.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I ordered new 20's for a Flex from OEM Direct wheels in Florida. Shipping to Canada was reasonable. Took them to my mechanic's shop to test fit them before putting winter rubber on them next fall. I got the TMPS sensors off of EBay for $60.

Thanks to everyone who answered my questions.

Spiff

post-18666-0-64235100-1392116952_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 1

Is973800,

Any chance we can see some pictures of those wheels on the Edge?

Sorry the car and wheels are dirty, but the weather has been crazy around here. I took it up to the car wash to clean it before taking pictures but because the temperature is around 32, he closed the wash due to freezing concerns.

post-6528-0-26417500-1392144357_thumb.jpgpost-6528-0-95434300-1392144327_thumb.jpgpost-6528-0-09990000-1392144340_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry the car and wheels are dirty, but the weather has been crazy around here. I took it up to the car wash to clean it before taking pictures but because the temperature is around 32, he closed the wash due to freezing concerns.

P1010009.JPG P1010007.JPG P1010008.JPG

Looks amazing. I am trying to convince my wife we need these 20" wheels for our 2013 Limited. I am not impressed by the 20" chrome clad wheels it came with.

Just from everyone else's experience... I could use my existing tires, TPMS sensors, center caps and lugs, correct? I'd need a balance with the new wheels at the least, but I can probably skip on an alignment?

Yes, you can use the same lugs, center caps, and TPMS. I changed mine out when the car was still only about 2 months old. I read too many horror stories of people looking for replacement chrome clad wheels because they hit a curb. The wheels were not repairable, so you either had to drive with bad looking wheels, or replace them.

I sold all four of mine to an owner who's wife also had an Edge. Between the two of them, they had 2 ruined wheels, and knew it would happen again. He was happy to purchase my wheels for $1000.00 and have two spares for the next time!

Very happy with these alloy wheels now. I found them on eBay for $625.00 which included free shipping.

attachicon.gifP1010009.JPGattachicon.gifP1010007.JPGattachicon.gifP1010008.JPG

Closing car washes at 32 degrees because of freezing concerns? Ours don't shut down until it hits -40 lol

Spiff

I just heard on the news tonight that this is the 9th coldest winter here in Dallas, Tx since the records were first started around the late 1890's. Yes, any type of freeze usually shuts this city down if there is rain and it freezes. No salt trucks, just sand placed onto the roads.

Normal today would have been 58 degrees. Instead, it was 36.

• 2 months later...