Noise in front passenger seat.

My 2012 Edge limited with the power seats has a rattle in the front passenger seats when no one sits in it. I took it to the dealer to have them address it under warranty and I went to pick up a few things out of the car this afternoon and I asked for an update. When I got the update they were still waiting on info on another problem but they said that is normal for all ford edges to do that when the seat is empty. So I slipped into the showroom and kinda shook on an edges seat with the power seats and it didn't make the same rattling noise. I'm kinda baffled at how they can say that's normal. I'm going to call the actual service advisor tomorrow instead of talk to the tech. Please advise me if this is something that is normal on 2012 Edges and also this is at Sewell Ford Lincoln in Odessa, TX

Issue is either seat belt related (see link below) or seat track. My 2011 Mkx had same exact issue caused by loose seat belt latch. For longest time dealership service department insisted it was normal for power seat. Finally they fixed the latch using TSB and replaced drivers side seat track and the rattling and vibration nosie while driving has almost completely gone.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/13892-passanger-seat-creaking-noise/

Both seat track issue and belt latch noise issue are apparently well known problems to Ford vechles.

That is what I thought. I don't want to have to pick it up and take it back and do all this over and over again. It is still very much under warranty so I expect it to be fixed. I don't want to sound rude but I'm a little peeved at the service tech. Do you happen to know the TSB number so I can print it out and have it for reference tomorrow when I call. Luckily I did get a loaner so I'm not without a car.

That is what I thought. I don't want to have to pick it up and take it back and do all this over and over again. It is still very much under warranty so I expect it to be fixed. I don't want to sound rude but I'm a little peeved at the service tech. Do you happen to know the TSB number so I can print it out and have it for reference tomorrow when I call. Luckily I did get a loaner so I'm not without a car.

tsb10-17-06 attached on linked I posted above. Insist they pefrom the TSB action and check the seat track. My service department insisted nothing was wrong until I printed the TSB and had them double check the seat it self as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update on the seat. I took it to the dealer and they said they tightened all the bolts up and checked the rivets. It made it a little better for a while but now it is back and with a vengeance. I have opened up a complaint with the ford customer service center and they are going to call my local dealership and see what they can do. I am going to have them look at it the same time I get it in to get the fuel line recall fixed for the Ecoboost engine. What really made me mad is one of the techs at the dealership told me that this was normal for all Ford Edges. It also frustrated me that on the paperwork it stated that they can't replicate the noise, but the obviously did if they tightened everything down. I'll keep y'all posted.

Just an update on the seat. I took it to the dealer and they said they tightened all the bolts up and checked the rivets. It made it a little better for a while but now it is back and with a vengeance. I have opened up a complaint with the ford customer service center and they are going to call my local dealership and see what they can do. I am going to have them look at it the same time I get it in to get the fuel line recall fixed for the Ecoboost engine. What really made me mad is one of the techs at the dealership told me that this was normal for all Ford Edges. It also frustrated me that on the paperwork it stated that they can't replicate the noise, but the obviously did if they tightened everything down. I'll keep y'all posted.

Hey tamugrad2013,

Were you given a case number? Send it to me in a PM and I'll see if there's anything I'm able to do on my end.

Todd

• 2 months later...

I think they have finally diagnosed the issue. Apparently the motor for the passenger seat is loose. They have said they are going to order parts and let me know when to bring it in. This was almost three weeks ago. I called the dealer on Friday and they said sometimes mid week. I am praying that this hopefully fixes it once and for all. I will say if I pick it up after they fix it and it rattles I will walk my key right back to them and not pick it up until it is fixed.