Behind the climate control panel...

Mine is exactly the, and all the edges I have seen at dealerships.

For my car, under the hood. It's like a mist of paint on the hard to reach spots. And the middle door pillar. The center has a very light coat. I can the the base coat. Inside the door jams, again. ... towards the middle of the door jam.. You can see it was given only one pass of paint.

Ill take pictures of mine to show you guys mine is not like that. They probabbly coat the door jambs with one less coat of paint like they do the interior in order to save money. If they save a $100 per car that would add up fast. I would say the areas you speak of are as good a quality of paint work as everywhere else on the car. Maybe the color has something to do with it. I know that lighter colors are harder to paint because they dont cover as well.

Yeah. .. kinda suks ford does this. Maybe not all the cars I imagine, has to be a factory thing. All my prior cars have had a healthy thick layer of paint everywhere. This Mt first car I noticed they went so thin, I can see the base coat. But I do like the car alot. Hopefuly tranny won't fall out anytime soon, and hopefully no more big issues form. We got lucky some of us got the extended warranty on the booster. . That's one less thing I worry about now.

Edited by 2011edgese

Ill take pictures of mine to show you guys mine is not like that. They probabbly coat the door jambs with one less coat of paint like they do the interior in order to save money. If they save a $100 per car that would add up fast. I would say the areas you speak of are as good a quality of paint work as everywhere else on the car. Maybe the color has something to do with it. I know that lighter colors are harder to paint because they dont cover as well.

that would be awesome! I'll take pics of mine to show you how mines looks bald. No kidding. I got the black toxedo color. But now I want to see how yours looks since you said it's covered nicely. I will wait for them. :]

I would imagine it's too save money, but it just does not look good! I didn't noticed it when I bought the car. After I have it a really good cleaning. .. I noticed it. If I would have seen it before I bought it, I would have stayed away. I like the healthy looking paint jobs. I'm very picky.

Edited by 2011edgese

Yeah man all these little things are killing me. You don't really notice much until you do a "deep" detail.

yes. .. inside the tailgate. Same quality. At first when I do a good cleaning, I thought it was just heavy dirty and dust. Lol. You know, when I open the doors or liftgate.. I like the deep gloss and shine everywhere. Every little corner counts for me. I'm very picky. I wax the inside of my doors. . That's how picky I am. Plus it like great when the does are open and is shiny and deep glossy. But hey. .. its just me.

You guys are super picky. I'm super picky too but you gotta let it go. The paint is not perfect under the hood but i think that is sufficient coverage for a engine bay. You have to remember that your not driving a Bentley. I'll get you pictures when I can get some daylight without snow or rain to get some good shots. I wouldn't go to the dealer to ask them to fix it because it will probably be worse. As for the headliner mine is not like that.

Cinnamon. .. btw. My sis got a kia. A KIA! 2012. And that is painted fully. A 10k car. Lol. That's why I tend to point it out. But it's really up to us, we shouldn't but these cars if they have terrible quality.

I agree that it should have better coverage in the door jambs in those pictures. I personally wouldnt bring it in to Ford to get resprayed. As long as the metal is covered with paint and clear and areas that I can see on an everday basis are covered well, it doesnt bother me. if it was like the picture with the hinge and primercoat was visible while entering the car then I would ask if they could make it right. But under the hood and in a area that would only be seen laying on the ground or after removing the door I wouldnt worry about. Ill shoot some pictures tonight of my paint work so you guys can see what mine looks like. My sister has a 2013 Hyundai Elantra(upgraded KIA) and I can see how thin they apply the paint. You can see the "clouding" of the metallic on a sunny day. That only happens when they dont apply enough basecoat. I think someone should take their Edge to Ford and see what they say.