Seat Heater Replacement Advice

My driver's side heat seater stopped working on my 2009 Limited. Anyone replace theirs yet? Do I just remove the leather cover and I can then take off the pad? Is the seat part separate from the back part? Can someone point me to a place on line where I could order the part vs going to the dealer. I googled it and am having trouble finding it.

Any advice is welcome.

My driver's side heat seater stopped working on my 2009 Limited. Anyone replace theirs yet? Do I just remove the leather cover and I can then take off the pad? Is the seat part separate from the back part? Can someone point me to a place on line where I could order the part vs going to the dealer. I googled it and am having trouble finding it.

Any advice is welcome.

Hey evh,

Check out Ford Parts here. You're able to input your VIN and search the catalog.

Let me know if you have questions.

Todd

Unplug battery. Unbolt seat from floor. Lean seat back unscrew seat pan. Pop out any cable routers. Unplug green heat pad plug. Pull lower cushion off. Remove leather cover. Replace entire cushion.... It will rip apart of you try and pull the heat pad off. Install new cushion in reverse order.

Don't know if unplugging the battery depowers the SRS, but at least on the 2007, the pad is removable according to the manual.

1. Remove the 3 cushion thermal electric device (TED)-to-cushion frame screws.
  1. Remove the cushion TED-to-climate control seat cushion adapter screw and remove the TED.
Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

• 3 months later...

I had to replace one in the 500 we just traded in for our '10 Edge. First thing is to determine which pad in the drivers seat is bad (seat bottom or seat back). Our 500 would not work if either was bad. The first one I put in was the seat back and checked it with an ohm meter. I called our local O'riley parts house and they ordered me what I needed (i think it was 60-65 dollars). Dorman was the company and it turned out that that is who made them for Ford (the original one had the same name on it). About a year later I had to do the seat bottom. It wasn't hard to do, it just took some time. I would recommend you go to a Tractor Supply Co store and buy "hog ring pliers and hog rings". The ones that come with the heating pad are not very good.