FoMoCo Splash Guard Install Question

Normandy

Hey everyone, I recently bought some splash guards for the front wheels from " Fords parts discount outlet.com". Their FoMoCo, however I cannot for the life of me figure out their very poor instructions. Has anyone installed these before? Two of the holes they inform me to drill "hole U" do not exist and the fitment of the splash guard to the car is just awful. It sticks out too far and leaves a rather large gap between the wheel well and the guard. I appreciate any help.

Thanks

The ones I've used fit perfectly. Sounds like those aren't the right ones. Check the part number against fordparts.com.

The instructions claim that its for the Ford: edge, excursion, Lincoln XKX and Navigator. The guards are too deep to sit flush with the fender. They run right into that "bump" for lack of a better term, inside the wheel well. Where did you purchase yours from? Any pictures I might be able to see?

Thanks

Edited by Normandy

• 3 weeks later...

Yours is the engineering number. I posted the service part number.

After 30 years pushing this stuff, I still don't understand why they have to have both.

Have to have both? By that are you referring to the "engineer number"? Anyway i was able to install the redundant things. I had to cut about 20% out of them to get them to fit correctly. I would have sent them back but that would have cost me more money and that is just unreasonable.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

These are horrible. Horrible. HORRIBLE.

I wish I saw this post before I bought the pair. I don't know what's worse, the part itself or the wordless idiot instructions that those of us with a brain can't make any sense of.

To make it worse, returns incur a 25% restocking fee and a $25 surcharge, so I'll just quit while I'm ahead and sell these on eBay.

Thought I was doing a good thing by going with a FoMoCo part for my Edge, but these are garbage.

Can anyone suggest an aftermarket brand that is made for the Edge and goes well with the body side moulding?

• 1 month later...