Thank You!

jayghart

Just wanted to express my thanks to all the Ford Employees in Oakville and the parts manufacturers involved with making the Edge. You all put together the most incredible product I have ever seen come from Ford, and I'm very excited!

I'm a salesman at an Ontario Ford dealer and we just received our first Edge this morning. Unfortunately for me it was my first time seeing the Edge, but it was well worth the wait! What an incredibly well built vehichle. Who says that build quality is better in other parts. The build quality you guys have put in on the Edge is better than the quality on any vehichle I've seen in a while. I was dully impressed with the Fusions quality, but I think Oakville has topped that! Congratulations for a Job well done!

I feel that all Oakville employees have a HUGE reason to be very proud of themselves on a job well done! Keep up the great work because from what I've drooled over all day today, you've made our jobs easy in the dealerships to sell them and bring in more profit for all of us!

Jay

Jay, I've been touring my dealers with a regional marketing unit, they pretty much echo what you say. They are blown away. I was after a few minutes into my first drive. I mean even the feel of the seats and materials to the quiteness of the map light and sunglass holder. I point everything out that I can to dealers, and even they are finding great little things that are done right. With more vehicles like this, our collective future is going to be better!

• 3 weeks later...

I wish to send my thanks and to congratulate all the folks at the Oakville plant. I picked my carbon SEL plus w/ BAMR tonight. It is fantastic! The look, feel, fit and finish just make you feel like you are in a high quality vehicle. This is the kind of vehicle Ford should be having you make. NO MORE BORING BOXES and BLOBS (five-hundred).

My wifes comment was that the leather interior with the contrast stitching looked, smelled and felt like an expensive handbag. Coming from her, that's a huge compliment. (she's had some REALLY expensive bags)

Another kudos to whoever decided to put the customer's name on the sticker for ordered vehicles. This used to happen back in the 90's, I think it personalizes the transaction and creates a feel like you folks built the vehicle just for us.

Take a moment to pat each other on the back, keep up the good work. I know there are a lot of anxious people awaiting their Edge.

Thanks again,

Curt

I wish to send my thanks and to congratulate all the folks at the Oakville plant. I picked my carbon SEL plus w/ BAMR tonight. It is fantastic! The look, feel, fit and finish just make you feel like you are in a high quality vehicle. This is the kind of vehicle Ford should be having you make. NO MORE BORING BOXES and BLOBS (five-hundred).

My wifes comment was that the leather interior with the contrast stitching looked, smelled and felt like an expensive handbag. Coming from her, that's a huge compliment. (she's had some REALLY expensive bags)

Another kudos to whoever decided to put the customer's name on the sticker for ordered vehicles. This used to happen back in the 90's, I think it personalizes the transaction and creates a feel like you folks built the vehicle just for us.

Take a moment to pat each other on the back, keep up the good work. I know there are a lot of anxious people awaiting their Edge.

Thanks again,

Curt

Hi my friends !

Yesterday i had pick up my new EDGE to my dealer, a beautifull EDGE blazing copper SEL TI, wowwwww

it's a fantastic car, i'm very very impressionned.

After 3 months waiting ! it's a gift.

All is better what i wished.

I wish you the same feeling and please wait for

Hi my friends !

Yesterday i had pick up my new EDGE to my dealer, a beautifull EDGE blazing copper SEL TI, wowwwww

it's a fantastic car, i'm very very impressionned.

After 3 months waiting ! it's a gift.

All is better what i wished.

I wish you the same feeling and please wait for

Nice to hear you are happy, we could tell you were getting frustrated but in the end when you really want something it's not that big a deal to wait a little longer than you expected. At least you're not like that one poster who couldn't wait a few extra weeks and settled for a RAV4.

I'd like to add my thanks to the Edge team... I turned in my screamin' yellow '04 Cobra 'vert for a dark amethyst SEL w/ AWD and the BAMR! Love it. Fit and finish are excellent, and it is soooooooooo quiet! Thanks, and good luck!

Thank you,Thank you,Thank you-to all who have purchased and posted such positive reviews. As a long time Ford Oakville employee I think I can say for all of us, you don't know how much we appreciate these comments. After so many years of building what I consider to be industry average vehicles (other than F-series trucks)and getting little positive feedback from both management and dealers, I am honestly touched. Thank You! Art-OAC-Body dept.

I'd like to add my thanks to the Edge team... I turned in my screamin' yellow '04 Cobra 'vert for a dark amethyst SEL w/ AWD and the BAMR! Love it. Fit and finish are excellent, and it is soooooooooo quiet! Thanks, and good luck!

:banghead::censored: YOU DID WHAT???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You heard right. After an '02 GT, an '01 Cobra 'vert, and finally an '04 Cobra vert, my muscle car days appear to be over.... I was so impressed with the Expedition that I drove for five days over Christmas, that I calmly walked away from the car of my boyhood dreams, in favour of the best of what the Expedition and Fusion have to offer... an Edge. I think I just punched a hole in the back-side of my mid-life crisis! Now, does anyone know where I can buy gentlemen's shoes???

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks very much to the entire crew at Oakville.

I picked up my Redfire Edge today at my local dealer in Hannibal, MO. I ordered this unit on New Year's Eve, and it was sitting on the dealer's lot this morning, January 30. Incredible short time for completion compared to many of the stories on this site.

The fit and finish is excellent. I have owned luxury Toyotas, Hondas, and several domestics. This is as good as I have driven in the last twenty years.

Excellent initial fit and finish! QUIET ride!!

Thanks for the great product!

Dan Galloway

Thanks very much to the entire crew at Oakville.

I picked up my Redfire Edge today at my local dealer in Hannibal, MO. I ordered this unit on New Year's Eve, and it was sitting on the dealer's lot this morning, January 30. Incredible short time for completion compared to many of the stories on this site.

The fit and finish is excellent. I have owned luxury Toyotas, Hondas, and several domestics. This is as good as I have driven in the last twenty years.

Excellent initial fit and finish! QUIET ride!!

Thanks for the great product!

Dan Galloway

Wow. What connections do you have? :wacko: You aren't too far from my location (same 'region' of the country anyway). Ordered an MKX January 6th, still hasn't been serialized. Maybe there is hope of getting it in Feb. yet... :rockon: