Oily residue under car

1102adam

What trim level on your 2013? Oily residue in that area, IF it is from YOUR car, would be from the transmission fluid, or engine oil from the respective cooling lines. Wipe it with a white napkin to get a good judging of color. If it is pinkish/reddish, it would be transmission fluid. If more golden, then engine oil. Do you have the tow package?

BTW, how's the ticking noise? Did it resolve?

Those lines directly above are saturated . That frame area you see was covered I wiped off. I seen a few drops. They are cleanish. I do have a factory hitch installed after I bought car. I thought air condition condensation , but very oily and I don't think it comes from that area. The other edge we have same thing different color with towing package is as clean as a whistle there. The car is 2013 , sel , with appearance package. 3447 miles.

The ticking still there , they wanted me to wait til after first oil change, I don't want engine tore into it does go away after a bit. The techs , multiple ones say no need for concern.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

The only other thing I can think of is a PAG oil leak from the AC line seals failing. I don't know enough about this, but I do believe the oil circulates with the refrigerant. So check the lines at the condensor (mounted to the radiator). If this is the problem, the oil level should be low in the compressor and will cause compressor failure over time.

http://www.aa1car.com/library/2004/us50414.htm

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

I traced those two hoses up. They are really oily,. Appears to be transmission hoses. Fluid looks red..

Thanks !!!

Check your power steering fluid. I know some Edge's have had a problem with one of the high pressure steering hose crimps. It leaks and at one time there was a national back order for the hose. The power steering does use transmission fluid.

Any chance on getting a clearer pic of the label on that line on the left? If we can get the part #, it'd be a slam dunk to confirm the hose. If the other end of the hose ends at the transmission, we know it's a transmission line. If it clips onto the subframe and goes further, it's a power steering line. At least that what the diagram in the service manual for my '07 is telling me.

Only pics I had . The end you see goes into a grey box about 6 in tall maybe 10 wide and 1 1/2 thick. Grey. Then other end of hose runs behind radiator. Trans fluid couldn't see on stick, so sure it's low. Ford roadside picked car up as I was advised not to drive . Thanks!!!

post-28445-0-89635400-1399248434_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1102adam

He never said what that hose was. There reason was it could had been doing that since day one and that's all it needed . I guess In my head I think should replace but I guess the uv light tell the story tomorrow when I swing by to see I'd anything seaped. Thanks !!!

• Like 1

Hope that's not black looking fluid? Did you smell it? Black would be more typical of the PTU overflowing its' vent. Otherwise, there is no overflow as such for the transmission fluid. It can leak at the trans-PTU seal though. I would suggest getting some engine degreaser and cleaning off that area to make sure you get a "clean" sample if it happens again.

When was the last oil change? Sure hope it's not engine oil, WAY WAY too early.

Thanks again.... It is a dark fluid. The car is setting at 3513 miles, hasn't had its first oil change yet. It really looks like oil. I just assumed it was from him overfilling. I'll be there at garage in am. Thanks so much for your help !!!! I did smell it... Not really a smell...

They think the leak all along was the h block. It's where there is two tranny lines on each side above wheel on drivers side. The same line they rehooked and hooked back up . The downside is the eta to get part could be as long as June 30th......... So it's sitting on let awaiting parts...

So ford service did get the whole assembly there minus one line be there tomorrow . The part if I understand right is called the Auto Trans Modulator Valve. That apparently is where the leak is from. Anyone had any issue ? This part is a huge back order part, I assume that means issues ..

Thanks everyone !!! Part 7h322 is apparently part leaking, there replacing it and hoses attached.

post-28445-0-83435300-1400730674_thumb.jpg

post-28445-0-36987500-1400730846_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1102adam

• 1 month later...