Driver seat moving

pamorin84

Hello all,

I recently purchased my 2013 ford Edge SEL this year in January. Actualyy its a lease. It only has about 5000 miles now. Probably a month into driving the vehicle i started feeling a slight jerk forward and backward everytime i either brake or accelerate.

I took it to the dealership to have it checked and the service manager said that there is a play on the locking mechanism in the rail and that is where the jerk movement is coming from. he said he drove other vehicles of the lot and they do the exact samething (i dont think i beleive he did that) some more than others but its perfectly normal.

I personally dont think that my seat should be moving at all, but i just want to know if anyone else feels the same movement?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I, too, have noticed this. My '13 Edge has under 7000 miles and so far have had the AC compressor replaced, has a constant problem with mold in the vents, the rear brake pads are squeaking already, and the driver seat shifts. I'm not loving the quantity of problems with such a new vehicle.