Black dash with camel interior?

SHIZZY

Can someone confirm that the dash is black on the 08's with a camel interior. I saw it in the 08 brochure and I like it so I want to verify before I order. I thought I saw this discussed in a previous post, but I couldn't find it again.

If it matters, I will be ordering:

'08 FWD Limited

Black w/ camel interior

BAMR

Nav

Tow

mats

cargo mgt sys

sirius

Can someone confirm that the dash is black on the 08's with a camel interior. I saw it in the 08 brochure and I like it so I want to verify before I order. I thought I saw this discussed in a previous post, but I couldn't find it again.

If it matters, I will be ordering:

'08 FWD Limited

Black w/ camel interior

BAMR

Nav

Tow

mats

cargo mgt sys

sirius

I can confirm it. Dash is black with camel interior and looks fantastic.

I can confirm it. Dash is black with camel interior and looks fantastic.

Great to hear! Thanks for the quick reply!

I have been reading these forums for the past 5 months just waiting to get an Edge. lol, the time is now!

All the posted pics look awesome.

WHAT!?! The dash is black on a camel interior? My wife's ordered Creme Brulee Edge Limited has the camel interior and we are expecting a CAMEL dash. I will call the dealer this morning to find out what is going on. She will have a cow if her dash is black because the 2007's we saw that were the Creme Brulee with camel looked so coordinated. Is it possible the black dash is only on the black exteriors with camel interior????

Edited by Hardhawk

WHAT!?! The dash is black on a camel interior? My wife's ordered Creme Brulee Edge Limited has the camel interior and we are expecting a CAMEL dash. I will call the dealer this morning to find out what is going on. She will have a cow if her dash is black because the 2007's we saw that were the Creme Brulee with camel looked so coordinated. Is it possible the black dash is only on the black exteriors with camel interior????

Nope - they're all black. I'm sure it was to address the glare problem with the light dash. I think it looks a lot better. You should go look at one before making a final judgement.

Nope - they're all black. I'm sure it was to address the glare problem with the light dash. I think it looks a lot better. You should go look at one before making a final judgement.

I agree. I compared a 2007 Creme Brulee with Camel to my 2008 White Sand with Camel and I much prefer the black dash to the camel dash. Classier, in my humble opinion.

Well, we will obviously see what it looks like when it arrives. I went to the Ford web site and pulled up the on-line brochure. The pic of the Limited interior in camel sure shows a black or very dark dash. Other pictures also show darker trim on the doors. Can anyone who actually has a 2008 with camel interior take and post some interior pics? If the changed the doors and are going for a two tone look then it may well be fine. It should certainly help with the glare issues reported by 2007 owners with the camel dashes. We ordered before the 2008 brochures and on-line info. were available so we had nothing to go by but what they were doing on the 2007 models. We wil keep an open mind and see what it looks like. If anyone can post pics of the entire interior it would really be appreciated. Ours is supposed to be built the week of 11/19 before Thanksgiving so we should have it by early December.

Well, we will obviously see what it looks like when it arrives. I went to the Ford web site and pulled up the on-line brochure. The pic of the Limited interior in camel sure shows a black or very dark dash. Other pictures also show darker trim on the doors. Can anyone who actually has a 2008 with camel interior take and post some interior pics? If the changed the doors and are going for a two tone look then it may well be fine. It should certainly help with the glare issues reported by 2007 owners with the camel dashes. We ordered before the 2008 brochures and on-line info. were available so we had nothing to go by but what they were doing on the 2007 models. We wil keep an open mind and see what it looks like. If anyone can post pics of the entire interior it would really be appreciated. Ours is supposed to be built the week of 11/19 before Thanksgiving so we should have it by early December.

Look in the gallery. I've posted several pics of my 2008.

We just picked up our 08 red Limited with the camel interior and I was surprised with the interior. The dash, steering wheel, top of all the door panels, the shifter handle, and the sides of the cargo area floor to window are all black. I liked the look of the all camel better. If I knew all this stuff was black I would have ordered a black cargo liner instead of the tan one.

We ordered an Ice Blue 2008 Limited Edge with camel interior. After ordering we discovered the camel interiors actually only give you camel colored seats. The dash, steering wheel and doors are black. The doors do have camel inserts. We were lucky enough to be able to change our order because we think the camel/black is plain ugly. It might look good with a black exterior but otherwise is not pretty.

We are now getting the white sandstone with light stone interior. Ford does not offer the gray interiors with the Blue Ice which is totally crazy in my opinion. Blue and gray would be a natural match.

We ordered our Edge on Oct. 11, changed the colors on Oct. 29 and have just been informed it will arrive the week of Nov. 19.

Once again I'm almost positive that kmhibbs has the medium light stone interior, NOT the camel interior. So it won't be a good comparison. If not I apologize.

I am totally positive that I have the camel interior with a black dash and trim. I don't know what's going on with the gallery so I've posted pics below.

post-1027-1194875094_thumb.jpg

post-1027-1194875077_thumb.jpg

post-1027-1194875064_thumb.jpg

Thank you for posting the excellent pictures. I can show them to my wife to see what her thoughts are. My dealer asked Ford about it and they told him the change to the black dash was to address the windshield glare issue that so many 2007 camel interior owners complained about. By tying it in to the door uppers and the lower console it gives the interior some contrast. The contrasting stitching in the seats is black and it looks like the contrasting stitching on the steering wheel is camel.

I am totally positive that I have the camel interior with a black dash and trim. I don't know what's going on with the gallery so I've posted pics below.

Sorry - I must have looked at it before knowing about the black dash and just assumed it was Light Stone. The seats look more grey than tan - maybe it's just the camera.

I may have to reconsider the camel.

• Like 1

I also had my dealer looking for a 2008 SEL AWD Creme Brulee - couldn't wait to see the camel interior. The black dash was a shock for sure - was told that the new design/color was to eliminate the "glare" issue. The dealer told me to take the vehicle home for the night and see if I could "live with it". After driving home (20 miles) I was sold. Love the way it handles - love the way it looks --- inside and out!!

I got to see a 2008 Creme Brulee Edge Limited with the camel leather today when I was visiting another town about 70 miles away. I like the black dash, lower console, door & rear quarter trim a lot. Looks sportier to me. I agree that the black weathertech cargo liner will be a better choice than the tan. Will probably go with the tan weathertech floor liners though as they should not show the dirt as much as the black ones will. I will probably try both tan and black to see how they look before deciding. The weathertech floor and cargo liners are actually made here where I live so I can go out to the plant and try both of them to see how they look in the car. Actually, it will be my wife who will go out to look since it is going to be her car. Even though it is her car, I was really stoked after seeing the one today. She is really going to like it. Looks like an ipod and/or a bluetooth cell phone for Christmas for her so she will have new little toys to go with her new big toy!

• 4 weeks later...
It is black. Everybody has an opinion on what they like. I for one don't appreciate a black dash with tan interior. But, as usual, Ford Motor Company believes they know what I like and don't. We didn't purchase the Edge and purchased the Escape with a TAN interior/NOT BLACK.

I wasn't sure about the black dash with camel interior until we got it. There is no dash glare on the windshield as there was on the 2007 with the camel dash. The black dash accent carries over to the doors and rear quarter panels/tailgate areas as well. The 2007's had sort of a gray accent on the doors, dash, and console that does not. IMO, look as good as the black does. The black weathertech mats and cargo liner match perfectly whereas the tan mats and liner did not match the camel interior.

However, reasonable minds can and will differ, and I respect other's opinions that may differ with mine.

• 3 weeks later...

I think that it is great that everyone is able to decide for themselves what they do or do not like, but for me the all black dash isn't the way to go. If there were some camel accents on the dash it would make it look alot nicer, but unfortunately there aren't. If you look at other companies interiors you can see how they mix everything together and this is what Ford had done initially with the camel/gray. The black/camel looks nice through the rest of the car, but the dash does stick out somewhat due to the expanse of black. I also miss the gray areas around the vents.. I haven't really ever had a problem with glare, it is noticeable sometimes but only on rare occassions.. Go Mountaineers!

Edited by MountainEdge07