After installing HID AC no longer blows cold

CastorTroy45

Hey everyone

Last night after I installed a HID kit in my 2011 ford edge SE the AC no longer blows cold air. When I hooked the HID relay to the battery there were some sparks but I don't understand how a HID kit could affect the ac system. I checked all the fuses/relays and still nothing. Any ideas?

According to the manual, you should run the PCM self-test, pull codes if any. A/C pressure switch (ACPSW) or ACP transducer sensor circuits may be involved.

EDIT: Found this thread that I think will help - http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/12731-radiator-fan-assembly-replacement-procedure/

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

I once installed a DRL kit in my Focus and after that the car wouldn't start. Eventually turned out one of the wires I ran got caught in the clutch position switch so that switch wouldn't close when I pushed in the clucth and thus the car wouldn't start.

Point is, it may have nothing to do with the HID kit itself, it could just be that you bumped something out of place while doing the work. Go back over everything remotely close to where you were working and see if something is out of place.

• Like 1