Steering Wheel / LCD Climate Control

Just noticed this - I have a 2014 with MyFord Touch. On the small LCD that features Navigation, Phone and Entertainment, Climate is missing from the list, so I have to use voice or touch the main LCD. I find myself using the steering wheel "mouse" buttons quite frequently, so I was caught off guard when I went to change the temp.

Can anyone with a 2014 tell me if it's the same in their vehicle? I have the latest software version AND I called Ford to ask, but they told me I need to compare my vehicle with others, since they had an older version in their call center (odd, btw).

Several review videos from 2013 show that "Climate" is one of the 4 options on the small LCD screen.

Thanks!

Rebecca can you elaborate & clarify? V3.6 of MFT/MLT still has the climate- at least on my families Edge & my MKX. Are there different variations of software 8/13 v 3.6 software applied to Edges? to MKX's? What was the issue/reason for QUIETLY removing climate from the small control? Was it removed from the Explorer? Was it again to free up some resources to stabilize something else? CONFUSDED

I just drove a 2014 MKS with MLT. I did notice a slightly different interface but thought climate was there- is it? Can you confirm?

....I thought the difference in navigating menus- iE the left one for tach/fuel or trip odometer driving mileage was pressing the up/down on the toggle control vs side to side- after in the sub menu - wow did that take a while to get used to- was due to MKS vs. MKX and NOT a bigger decision of changing the system quietly behind the scenes.....

I also noticed on MKS you can express down AND "UP" all windows by holding in the unlock or lock button on the key fob. on my 2011 MKX I can ONLY express down all windows by holding the unlock but can not do the "up" feature that I saw on MKS. Can this be a software change or a dealer can do a "setting change behind the scene" so & I can get on my MKX- the express up of all windows?

this web page still states climate...is it not updated??

http://www.ford.com/technology/sync/?gnav=footer-aboutford

Edited by drpepper

The software that runs the menus in the cluster is separate from the MFT software. The different versions and updates you do to MFT/MLT don't change the cluster.

The MKS and MKX use clusters from different suppliers, so they have different software.

Express-up requires a "smart" window motor - one that has pinch protection. If you don't have pinch protection, you can't have auto-up. It's more than just software.

carr42 OK thanks I'll have to ask my local tech...

...although I use AC most time in summer so the actual frequency of needing to use key fob to auto down & auto up windows is rare-at least for me

My parents generation left windows open in car & then had to run out to close on the late afternoon summer thunderstorm...My car would most likely have windows closed already

Edited by drpepper