Just got my DLR kit installed

First I got my set backordered due to some shipping drama ;) Then when the discounted set finally arrived, outside temperatures were way beyond 110F (45C) to fit it...

So I waited for better weather and this morning I finally did it! It took me exactly 2 hours to finish...

The result is just hmm... great :)

edge-drl1.jpg

edge-drl2.jpg

I didnt connect the dimmer though. I'll check how badass it looks at night.

BTW. am I the only one who noticed this?

edge-drl3.jpg

(RH / LH mixup between OEM and replacement items)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

no more than 8 months later my DLR looked like sh!t due to middle eastern weather conditions... basically these lights were the only part of the front of my car that didnt get plastic-wrapped - so two sandstorms and 30k miles later they were totally sandblasted...

so my I removed 'em and dropped by nearby ziebart workshop to see if these guys can do anything about it. And the result (although expensive) is here:

ziebart.jpg

polished, protected and ready to install (again). This time wrapped in 1mm thick plastic to ensure they last more than one sandstorm ;)

Edited by arabski

I haven't done it yet... but my Edgy is not even 2 years old... I believe it should last till end of the summer before I replace it (or at least the lamp film because they are getting darker and darker every day...)

pic from today right after cleaning - note how "blurry" the film is.

DLRs do look brand new now :)

edgu.jpg

BTW. today first time this year the temp reached 35 deg C (95F) - it's going to be a hot summer...

• Like 2