2015 Order Guide: Update 4/2

Although I'm unable to post the actual guide I can answer any questions about it's contents. Don't ask where I got it either. :)

Update: As of the latest order guide (3/31), 21" dark stainless Sport wheels and 21" summer tires are no longer on "late availbilty". Can be ordered now. No mention of Sync 3.

Edited by Magnetic Edge
  • Like 2

OK, I'll bite. What is the horsepower and torque for the Edge Sport? What is the weight of the Edge Sport? Does it have power folding mirrors?

HP and TQ won't be listed until the final testing is complete, which will be closer to production time. Same for the weight. Power folding mirrors are not available on any Edge. SEL lists they have signal indicators while Titanium and Sport get LED indicators.

Magnetic Edge - Thanks for the posts. Wow, no power folding mirrors. I bet wrong on that one. 40K sticker and no power folding mirrors.

How about the 2015 Sport model, are the options limited like on the 2014?

Here is a list of some 2014 Edge Limited Option you cannot get on a 2014 Edge Sport:

Class II Trailer Tow Package with Trailer Sway Control
Adaptive Cruise Control with Collision Warning
High-Intersity Discharge (HID) Headlamps
Roof-Rack Side Rails (even if Panoramic Vista Roof is not added)

Magnetic Edge - If you don't want to/can't answer any of my questions, I understand.

On the 2015 Ford Edge can the Roof-Rack Side Rails be ordered with the Panoramic Vista Roof? On the 2014 Ford Edge, the Roof-Rack Side Rails could not be ordered with the Panoramic Vista Roof. But the the latest version of the Escape, you can order Roof-Rack Side Rails and Panoramic Vista Roof.

Thanks.

Edited by JimPA

Magnetic Edge - Thanks for the posts. Wow, no power folding mirrors. I bet wrong on that one. 40K sticker and no power folding mirrors.

How about the 2015 Sport model, are the options limited like on the 2014?

Here is a list of some 2014 Edge Limited Option you cannot get on a 2014 Edge Sport:

Class II Trailer Tow Package with Trailer Sway Control
Adaptive Cruise Control with Collision Warning
High-Intersity Discharge (HID) Headlamps
Roof-Rack Side Rails (even if Panoramic Vista Roof is not added)

BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-traffic Alert Auto-dimming Driver’s Exterior Mirror

Voice-Activated Navigation System & Integrated SIRIUS® Travel Link

Note: SIRIUS® Travel Link Includes 6-month Prepaid Subscription 48 Contiguous States. Service Not

Available In AK/HI

Adaptive Cruise Control and Collision Warning with Brake Support Panoramic Vista Roof®

21” Aluminum Premium Painted Tarnished Dark Low Gloss Wheels Summer Only Tires1 (requires 21” Premium Painted Wheels) Engine Block Heater

Bronze Fire Metallic Tinted Clearcoat

Ruby Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat

White Platinum Metallic Tri-coat Paint

2nd Row Outboard Inflatable Safety Belts

Some of these are included in the 401A package.

Magnetic Edge - If you don't want to/can't answer any of my questions, I understand.

On the 2015 Ford Edge can the Roof-Rack Side Rails be ordered with the Panoramic Vista Roof? On the 2014 Ford Edge, the Roof-Rack Side Rails could not be ordered with the Panoramic Vista Roof. But the the latest version of the Escape, you can order Roof-Rack Side Rails and Panoramic Vista Roof.

Thanks.

Side rails are not available with the Vista Roof on the Titanium. Side rails are not available at all on the Sport, Vista Roof or not.

Could you tell us what is included in the Titanium that is not available in the Sport?

Almost everything is available on both models except roof rails and trailer tow package are not available on the Sport. Summer only tires are an option on the Sport but not the Titanium. Both models are available with heated and cooled front seats, heated steering wheel and heated rear seats depending on if you get the 401A (Sport) or 301A, 302A (Titanium). The Sport comes standard with Adaptive Steering while it's an option on the Titanium in the Titanium Driver's Package.

• Like 1

On the latest Ford Explorer, Sport model, Trailer Tow Package - Class III is standard. I wish the Edge would have made the Trailer Tow Package available on the 2015 Edge Sport.

That's the because all Explorers use the same bumper facia which allows for a hitch. The Edge Sport has a unique lower rear facia so no hitch.

Magnetic,

Have you seen any production Edge Sports running around and heard any driving impressions from the engineers? Also, have you seen it in the flesh? If so what are your thoughts?

I saw a production Sport in Electric Spice (Sport only color) a few weeks ago at a McD's near HQ. It was very sharp looking and much improved over the current model. Very modern and a huge eye catcher. I only wish it was available with a 3rd row like China is getting. It would be handy if you needed to haul more people in a pinch but don't want an Explorer or Flex everyday. To me, the Edge is the perfect size for an SUV especially now that it's a little longer. The Explorer is okay, just too wide for my taste.