2013 Ford Edge SEL Mods ... so far

snake456

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Okay, I'm ready to attack this. Buying myself the Kenwood speakers for Father's Day.

I don't want to cut and solder wiring. Anyone know what specific door speaker plug and play speaker wiring adapter I need to pick up for the '13 Edge SEL?

I can't find the one I need. Is it the Metra 72-5600? Amazon says it won't work for the '13 Edge and the Metra site is useless.

Also I'm reading about polarity issues with the Metra plug and play speaker adapter. Did anyone have that problem?

Can someone tell me what speaker wiring adapter to get?

• 2 weeks later...

Special thanks to snake456 for pointing me to the "JaimeiHelpYou" door panel removal how-to's on You Tube and for recommending the Metra speaker wire harness adapters. (See his 12/28/14 post in this thread.) I'll admit I was very hesitant to start disassembling parts of my new ride, but the videos gave me the confidence I needed to attempt the speaker swap-out myself. As it turns out, it was the better alternative to having some careless kid in an audio shop taking my doors apart. At least I know by doing it myself that it was done without shortcuts and with a lot more care. Did the rears Sunday. Plan to do the fronts over the holiday weekend.

Posted 6/29/15... http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/13407-what-have-you-done-towith-your-edgemkx-today/page-19

• Like 1

Infinity Reference 6832cf (http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002CMUKZY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1436016556&sr=8-1&pi=SL75_QL70&keywords=infinity+6832cf) in the front doors and JVC Kenwood KFC-C6895PS 6"x8" Performance Series 3-ways in the rear doors (http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00I0FQUJW/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1436016788&sr=8-1&pi=SL75_QL70&keywords=kenwood+6x8).

To be honest, I think I cheaped out a little too much with the Kenwoods. I really wasn't too impressed with the sound of them by themselves after installing them last week.

I got the Infinity's for the front because of the pivoting dome tweeters. I figured since I didn't have the A-pillar factory tweets, I could at least point the tweeters in the Infinity door speakers more toward my head; thought that might make a difference with the sound definition. I think it did.

So anyway, got the Infinity's in yesterday, and while I wasn't overly impressed with the Kenwood's in the rear, I was absolutely blown away by the sound coming from the Infinity's up front.

All in all, I'm very happy with the end result.

Thanks again for pointing me to those "JaimeiHelpYou" door panel removal how-to's on You Tube.

Happy 4th.

Edited by good2Bking
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

Been a while. Since I got my Edge, one of the things that bothered me the most was that the center console was so deep and dark. Last week I solved that problem. I tapped into the power of the 12V outlet on the back of the center console (continuous power) and using a reed magnetic switch along with a strip of 3 led lights I purchased at AutoZone, I now have a lighted center console. Hook up the switch as normally closed.

post-29366-0-55524200-1464302608_thumb.jpg

post-29366-0-71071000-1464302613_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hey Snake,

Absoulutely love all the modding you've been doing to your Edge. Really get the creative ideas flowing for me and my 13. I actually just got mine day before yesterday and it is a bone stock Limited......so what to do what to do. Sent you a friend request.

Van