IPod <USB Removed> Issue

Hey, I have exactly the same problem with my ipod video. Here is my post in the fusion section: My Fusion Prob. I have the "enable disc space use" option turned on in itunes. Thats the only thing that I think it could be, but it'd be a pain for me to turn it off. Maybe give that a try and post if it works. This issue definatly sucks!

Have any of you guys used the brandmotion ipod connector? I just bought mine friday from icarkits, i checked brandmotion and from what it sounds like..this thing is pretty BA.

Are you using the factory ipod kit from the dealer?

Have any of you guys used the brandmotion ipod connector? I just bought mine friday from icarkits, i checked brandmotion and from what it sounds like..this thing is pretty BA.

Are you using the factory ipod kit from the dealer?

Give us an update on what you think of the BrandMotion product. I am looking at one for my wifes 07 Edge and would love some feedback on the product.

Rayo

LOVE my new car - an issue I am having is with my Ipod. A song will be playing and suddenly I get a <USB Removed> notice and the music stops. I have to unplug and then replug it in and it goes for a while before doing it again.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

There is an update on the Syncmyride website that I just installed...

LOVE my new car - an issue I am having is with my Ipod. A song will be playing and suddenly I get a <USB Removed> notice and the music stops. I have to unplug and then replug it in and it goes for a while before doing it again.

I am having the exact same issue with my iPhone (and a few more problems along the same lines). Very frustrating ride to work this morning with my otherwise sweet new ride ('08 Edge Limited) as the iPhone audio files sounded staticy, cut out, USB Removed, etc.

There is an update on the Syncmyride website that I just installed...

The only update I saw available on syncmyride.com (for Edge vehicles anyways) had the specific disclaimer that this update only recommended for Lincoln vehicles with THX sound in French display mode. Not sure that will help me out.

As posted earlier, I am also experiencing this. I noticed this morning (this is only my second day with the new car) that it was happening just a few minutes after starting the iPhone/SYNC play, so I thought it might be related to the iPhone going to sleep.

I went to Settings/General/Auto-lock and changed the setting from 2 minutes to Never and the SYNC system maintained the connection to the iPhone and played my Podcast the entire rest of the trip without disconnecting.

I'm not sure if this is a SYNC or iPhone issue with that in mind. It could be the iPhone is disconnecting the USB connection itself, though not sure why it would do that...it doesn't do it when cabled up to a computer, and the music in the headphones will continue to play without problems after the screen powers down (sleeps). I wonder if the iPhone stops playing when the screen locks when it's inserted into one of those non-Apple clock radios or boom boxes designed for iPods.

I'd encourage anyone with this problem to try turning the Auto-lock for the screen to never while in the car so we can get some feedback as to whether this actually fixes the problem or not.

EDIT: Quick update...I also had no USB Removed problems driving home yesterday when I plugged the iPhone into the USB after the car was started and the iPhone was in sleep mode. I had been plugging it in while it was playing.

Edited by DistortedEdge

Another update.

Neither of the tricks above worked this morning. Sync gave <USB Removed> problem a couple of minutes down the road.

What finally seemed to help and get me the rest of the way to work without the iPhone disconnecting was to lay the phone on the passenger seat instead of the of the console under the Nav unit. Probably just a fluke, though.

Having the same issue with my recently purchased 2008 Edge SE and 5th Gen 30GB iPod Video. Havent' found a solution yet, but looking forward to it. I picked the Edge b'cuz I could finaly use my iPod in my SUV and now it doesn't even work correctly! Really not happy...

Having the same issue with my recently purchased 2008 Edge SE and 5th Gen 30GB iPod Video. Havent' found a solution yet, but looking forward to it. I picked the Edge b'cuz I could finaly use my iPod in my SUV and now it doesn't even work correctly! Really not happy...

Interesting, my 5th Gen 60gb iPod works flawlessly, but the above suggested fixes for the iPhone aren't reliable.

One complaint about the 60gb iPod is it takes SEVEN MINUTES to index. That's an eternity waiting for it to sync. If I don't sync with iTunes, it indexes in the Edge's SYNC very quickly, but every time after I dock the iPod, the next link with SYNC takes 7 minutes.

I think it's a Microsoft plot to make you want to buy a Zune. (I actually considered a Zune 2 as solution to this..yikes. ^_^ )

Edited by DistortedEdge

Well, keep your complaints coming, because Microsloth is checking in daily to see your beta reports.

Marcus (Microsoft)

Today, 11:37 AM

I will keep complaining until there is a fix. I plan to bring my Edge back to the dealer on Thursday to see if they can fix it. At least maybe if everyone who is having this problem brings it back to the dealer then Microsoft will get hit with the warranty claims. That might actually get them to work on a fix!

I will keep complaining until there is a fix. I plan to bring my Edge back to the dealer on Thursday to see if they can fix it. At least maybe if everyone who is having this problem brings it back to the dealer then Microsoft will get hit with the warranty claims. That might actually get them to work on a fix!

How do you know it's Sync and not your phone?

How do you know it's Sync and not your phone?

I have tried two other iPods (touch and mini) and had the same problem. It's at the dealer today for them to see if they can figure it out. I was able to show them the problem yesterday, but they claimed to have never seen this issue before.

I will post the results once I get it back later today.

I have tried two other iPods (touch and mini) and had the same problem. It's at the dealer today for them to see if they can figure it out. I was able to show them the problem yesterday, but they claimed to have never seen this issue before.

I will post the results once I get it back later today.

In that case it sounds like a bad USB port.

I'm going to try a different USB cable, though this cable with an iPod gives pretty good performance, other than the insanely long indexing times.

Two days with the Apple branded USB cable that came with my iPod and I haven't had any of the static or <USB Removed> issues on multiple trips. Looks like the aftermarket cable I had isn't up to the task with iPhones for some reason; though I was mislead by it's proper functioning with my iPod.

Other's experiencing this problem may want to try using the white Apple dock cable that came with the iPod instead of whatever they may have been using from Ford or other non-Apple providers.

I'm not going to call the issue resolved until it's worked longer than it gave me probems, but I'm hopeful and would appreciate feedback from others if changing USB cable impacts their problem.

Hi everyone. Just purchased a Vapor Silver Edge SEL AWD with the Syn system today. I have a Ipod Nano First Gen which is on the recommended list according to the Sync main web site. It is up to date as is my Sync system aside from the Lincoln update which they only recommend for the Lincoln owners. I am having the same issue where it will play roughly 40 seconds of a song then say USB Disconnected. Very frustrating and since it sounds like many people are having this problem that it could be more than a faulty USB port.

This sux bad because I just bought the damn car and I'm not interested in dropping it off at the dealership.

To the person who said they dropped their car off, do you have a update for us on the problem? Did they fix it? What was the issue?

Thanks,

ApexEdge.

Hi everyone. Just purchased a Vapor Silver Edge SEL AWD with the Syn system today. I have a Ipod Nano First Gen which is on the recommended list according to the Sync main web site. It is up to date as is my Sync system aside from the Lincoln update which they only recommend for the Lincoln owners. I am having the same issue where it will play roughly 40 seconds of a song then say USB Disconnected. Very frustrating and since it sounds like many people are having this problem that it could be more than a faulty USB port.

This sux bad because I just bought the damn car and I'm not interested in dropping it off at the dealership.

To the person who said they dropped their car off, do you have a update for us on the problem? Did they fix it? What was the issue?

Thanks,

ApexEdge.

Mine is going to the dealer tomorrow for a new "SYNC Module". Will post results when I pick it up on Sunday.

Mine is going to the dealer tomorrow for a new "SYNC Module". Will post results when I pick it up on Sunday.

I would not even bother bringing the car to the dealer; my dealer tried two other ipods with my 08 Fusion and a different cable (I use the apple one) with no luck. All they did was take down my phone number, ipod version and firmware version and supposedly forward it to some Ford Sync guy. Its been almost a month and I have not heard anything back form them or found any answers on the net. If you want to read about more people's probs with this go to my Fusion Forum link in the 2nd post. No one is having any luck at all. Someone even said that they have this porblem with their Zune!

-Definatly let us know about the new Sync module though, if that does anything we will all probably be calling our dealers in a day or two...

Edited by mustang90

I would not even bother bringing the car to the dealer; my dealer tried two other ipods with my 08 Fusion and a different cable (I use the apple one) with no luck. All they did was take down my phone number, ipod version and firmware version and supposedly forward it to some Ford Sync guy. Its been almost a month and I have not heard anything back form them or found any answers on the net. If you want to read about more people's probs with this go to my Fusion Forum link in the 2nd post. No one is having any luck at all. Someone even said that they have this porblem with their Zune!

-Definatly let us know about the new Sync module though, if that does anything we will all probably be calling our dealers in a day or two...

I spoke to the Reps at Sync today and they told me they have had many complaints regarding the Gen 1,2,3 Nano's not working with the Sync system but said no problems reported with the Zune. Go figure....

I would suggest calling the Sync customer service and letting them know of all the problems we are having regarding the USB disconnected issue. One member of this board is getting a new Sync Module replaced. Hopefully that will be the fix. He is going to post his results. According to the rep at Sync, he said going to the dealership is a waist of time because it is likely a computer program issue and not anything they can repair. I am not going to go to my scheduled appointment and instead wait to hear the results from the other member. I can't stand taking my ride to the dealership. Inevitably they scratch up the interior and get grease all over the damn place!!!

Instead I'll wait for the update from Sync.

Edited by ApexEdge

I spoke to the Reps at Sync today and they told me they have had many complaints regarding the Gen 1,2,3 Nano's not working with the Sync system but said no problems reported with the Zune. Go figure....

Actually, I just got an 08 Focus, and a new Zune, and I'm getting the exact same issue. Only a few min. down the road it will just cut out. Little upset myself considering I just got a job with Ford, and was pretty excited to find out what Sync was all about, only to have a problem right off the bat. I haven't even had the car for a week. Where are you guys posting the problems, so they know the Zune has them too? I'm having a problem with my phone as well, anyone know why sync may not recognize multiple numbers for the same contact? It will only call on "other" even tough there are cell, home, and or work numbers stored for someone in my phone book.

So far this is the only place I've found even talking about sync problems...

Edited by jmjerome

Actually, I just got an 08 Focus, and a new Zune, and I'm getting the exact same issue. Only a few min. down the road it will just cut out. Little upset myself considering I just got a job with Ford, and was pretty excited to find out what Sync was all about, only to have a problem right off the bat. I haven't even had the car for a week. Where are you guys posting the problems, so they know the Zune has them too? I'm having a problem with my phone as well, anyone know why sync may not recognize multiple numbers for the same contact? It will only call on "other" even tough there are cell, home, and or work numbers stored for someone in my phone book.

So far this is the only place I've found even talking about sync problems...

Wow, no way. Freaking Sync system sux. Go to www.syncmyride.com and call the 800 number and complain. The more complaints we get the faster they will have a fix for us. This is going to be a recall I'm sure.

I would suggest calling the Sync customer service and letting them know of all the problems we are having regarding the USB disconnected issue. One member of this board is getting a new Sync Module replaced. Hopefully that will be the fix. He is going to post his results. According to the rep at Sync, he said going to the dealership is a waist of time because it is likely a computer program issue and not anything they can repair. I am not going to go to my scheduled appointment and instead wait to hear the results from the other member. I can't stand taking my ride to the dealership. Inevitably they scratch up the interior and get grease all over the damn place!!!

Instead I'll wait for the update from Sync.

Do you know where to find the phone number for Sync Customer Service? All I could find was a stupid email link on their webpage? Post the number if you know where it is; I'd like to call every week or so...

Do you know where to find the phone number for Sync Customer Service? All I could find was a stupid email link on their webpage? Post the number if you know where it is; I'd like to call every week or so...

Yeah, they hide it. You have to go to FAQ and then scroll to the very bottom and see the tiny print that says "contact us". Then you click on the link that says phone number.

Here is Sync Customer Service. I urge EVERYONE to call until we get a update.

Phone:

800-392-3673 (FORD)