A little maturity on this site would be nice

TL Kelly

I'm brand new to this site and I know this isn't the way to endear yourself to the members of a forum but it seems we have far too many wannabe comedians or folks who just want to hear themselves type using this forum. My wife just purchased an Edge and I happened upon this forum while doing research prior to buying it. This forum is a great source of information and really helped me make some decisions on some issues. However, it can be very irritating sometimes trying to follow a conversation on an issue because of the number of folks who add no value to a conversation whatsoever but feel they must make a smug, supposedly funny, condescending, plain stupid or other nonvalue added comment to the topic.

My wife chose to buy a red Edge. When searching this forum I happened on the thread about more problems with the red color than other colors. Doesn't seem sensible there would be more mechanical problems but I could certainly understand if they meant paint or finish problems. In reading the thread some folks tried to post legitimate responses, helpful information and tried to do what I thought the forum was for - sharing information. Others mucked up the thread with their trivial, immature comments. I thought that was what the Lounge section was for? I'm not agains a bit of levity and humor but some folks don't know when to stop (and just aren't funny to boot).

Well, enough said. I'm sure my ears will be burning shortly.

I'm brand new to this site and I know this isn't the way to endear yourself to the members of a forum but it seems we have far too many wannabe comedians or folks who just want to hear themselves type using this forum. My wife just purchased an Edge and I happened upon this forum while doing research prior to buying it. This forum is a great source of information and really helped me make some decisions on some issues. However, it can be very irritating sometimes trying to follow a conversation on an issue because of the number of folks who add no value to a conversation whatsoever but feel they must make a smug, supposedly funny, condescending, plain stupid or other nonvalue added comment to the topic.

My wife chose to buy a red Edge. When searching this forum I happened on the thread about more problems with the red color than other colors. Doesn't seem sensible there would be more mechanical problems but I could certainly understand if they meant paint or finish problems. In reading the thread some folks tried to post legitimate responses, helpful information and tried to do what I thought the forum was for - sharing information. Others mucked up the thread with their trivial, immature comments. I thought that was what the Lounge section was for? I'm not agains a bit of levity and humor but some folks don't know when to stop (and just aren't funny to boot).

Well, enough said. I'm sure my ears will be burning shortly.

It is true that some of us on here love having a great time....

We joke and carry on...we have fun....

This is a wonderful site....so I do hope you can overlook some of us silly folk, and find the info you are looking for...

Some of us jokesters are actually helpful at times also...

Hope your wife enjoys her Edge! It is a sweeet ride!!!!! I love mine...

:)

It is true that some of us on here love having a great time....

We joke and carry on...we have fun....

This is a wonderful site....so I do hope you can overlook some of us silly folk, and find the info you are looking for...

Some of us jokesters are actually helpful at times also...

Hope your wife enjoys her Edge! It is a sweeet ride!!!!! I love mine...

*Deep, Serious, Mature Tone*

I whole-heartedly agree with My esteemed coleague. Despite the various complaints about braking distance, MPG, incomplete paint, etc., the Edge is a fine automobile.

A true joy to drive. Comfortable on both short and long distance excursions.

Some individuals, including myself, do feel compelled to post somewhat, immature, and yes...I'm afraid, stupid remarks. I certainly can't speak for everyone but I, for example, often hang my head in shame after clicking the "add reply" feature.

I do not know what comes over me; to what can I attribute these urges. I would seek professional help but fear the ridicule and embarrassment that would certainly follow.

But I digress.

I never hesitate to recommend the Edge to anyone who I find it interested in purchasing an new vehicle. In serious conversations, there are heart-felt and sincere statement and suggestions; not ones mucked up by joviality.

You and your wife will find great pleasure with the Edge. Revel in it's comfort. Feel proud that you bought American. Nod (a little smugly) at people who look with admiration as you drive by them.

Do not judge this forum by those (including myself) you find trival.

The above poster is absolutely correct.

Now I'd like to add a little heat. If your interested in purely technical terms then I suggest you visit google.com for your answers. Or you can visit a number of other web sites that have forums dealing with this model line. However you will not find a more comprehensive site to answer your questions. Actually why do you need to be here anyway? Your owners manual has just about any answer you may need and if that's not sufficient, then your dealers service department will be able to answer the rest of them.

Now to also help you, in your My Controls section is an item called an ignore list. You can populate that very quickly to weed out those people you deem to be totally irresponsible with their replies.

Matter of fact I hope to top your list.

BUT you know what? Your post means nothing to anyone here but you, and I could care less. So I will just carry on.........

One last thing, have a good day.

Your research turned up all the problems on the RED Edges and yet you still bought one, no wonder you came in here pissed then. Well it's called "Let the buyer beware!" NO sympathy from me then.

The postings have deteriated - not to the Mustang/Camaro level, but too much swearing and inappropriate conversation/images.

If it continues, we should insist on an "Ignore" button to tune out the offenders.

Inane posts should be called out - not that some of the posters could ever be embarassed, but just tp alert sencere readers to skip the poster in the future.

There are pleanty of other sites they can Troll.

Your so right Grey, I'd love to block your post's, but since you know this software from other sites, you know it doesn't have it.

You'll just have to manually add people thru your My controls like was previously stated.

I mean, why after all would I want to constantly see your dry and stale answers that only deal with an X-plan pin code or a lease payment?

i am on alot of forums..and I moderate one of them as well..this is a great forum..but people do seem to get carried away sometimes..I know its all in good fun but sometimes its better if you don't say anything at all..if you don't have anything to add to the topic at hand. i know that I have read some really dumb post here that totally deserver a dumb reply..but there is a time and a place for everything..

I am not taking a side here..but I wish too sometimes it were more serious at times.. I am not gonna block anyone..its not that big of a deal..but sometimes (tits) gets old...lol

i am on alot of forums..and I moderate one of them as well..this is a great forum..but people do seem to get carried away sometimes..I know its all in good fun but sometimes its better if you don't say anything at all..if you don't have anything to add to the topic at hand. i know that I have read some really dumb post here that totally deserver a dumb reply..but there is a time and a place for everything..

I am not taking a side here..but I wish too sometimes it were more serious at times.. I am not gonna block anyone..its not that big of a deal..but sometimes (tits) gets old...lol

*chuckles*

Well, see that is a matter of opinion...lol...

Some ppl on here actually annoy me also...but that word....the one you said....I STILL crack up when I see it...

Edited by npggirl

But wait! Which tits are you talking about? Are they in their 20's, round & firm like melons? Are they in their 30's & 40's, starting to slip a little and looking like pears? Or are they in their 50's or later, when they are like onions and just looking at them makes you cry?

:wacko:

Personally, I'm partial to 30's.

Very tight...firm grip.

Upon closer inspection, definitely impressive.