Grab Handles???

I am soory that Ford seems to think grab handles are no longer necessary. Over the past 8 years I have had a Mountaineer and an Escape and love the grab handles............

Are there aftermarket grab handles available?

My Edge replaced a 2003 Expedition and I don't miss the grab handles. I used them alot in the Expd. but that was because I was stepping up into it but since I sit down in the Edge, I don't need them.

I am soory that Ford seems to think grab handles are no longer necessary. Over the past 8 years I have had a Mountaineer and an Escape and love the grab handles............

Are there aftermarket grab handles available?

Grab handles as in the "Oh Shit!" handles? If this is what you are takling about, my Edge has 'em...

Or are we talking about two different things here?

Their talking about the Entry assist handles in the front door 'A' Pillars. The rear door 'B' pillars do have them...

But if your talking about the love grab handles, some have them some don't.. I usually end up with the love banister handles.

Edited by 07 MKX

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know if they do make some grab handles for the edge / volvo has them and they have side airbags / us SHORT people that need to jump up into the vehicle could use them... THANKS

grab handles could only be installed where there is a welded support to screw bolts into otherwise it would rip right off im sure ford thought about it

• 2 years later...

Just acquired the Ford Edge SEL. Find that I, and my 102 year old mother, need a front entry/exit assist. The one that I have is on the rear of the entry, and takes a contortionist to use it.

Is there any accessory "grab handle" for the front passenger to use with their right hand, and the driver with his left hand, without needing to be a contortionist? It could be on the windshield pillar, or on the top forward side window frame.

Anyone with luck using Ford X-over, or other product, that could be put on without damage to safety bag equipment?

Thanks, in advance, for any solutions.

The Tiger

(and yes I have one. At least Shelby says so!) :speedie:

Just acquired the Ford Edge SEL. Find that I, and my 102 year old mother, need a front entry/exit assist. The one that I have is on the rear of the entry, and takes a contortionist to use it.

Is there any accessory "grab handle" for the front passenger to use with their right hand, and the driver with his left hand, without needing to be a contortionist? It could be on the windshield pillar, or on the top forward side window frame.

Anyone with luck using Ford X-over, or other product, that could be put on without damage to safety bag equipment?

Thanks, in advance, for any solutions.

The Tiger

(and yes I have one. At least Shelby says so!) :speedie:

Edited by Tiger_Steve

Grab handles as in the "Oh Shit!" handles? If this is what you are takling about, my Edge has 'em...

Or are we talking about two different things here?

Up here we generally refer to them as "Jeezus" handles for the same reason, especially if my daughter is driving...

For wahtever reason the driver does not have one - but my 2003 VW did, go figure...

I noticed my 2011 does have the overhead grab handle on the passenger front side -but no A pillar grab handles. I noticed on my 2005 F150 Screw, I had the A pillar grab handles on BOTH sides...then my 2009 Figo Screw only had the A pillar grab handle on the passenger side. Not and issue for me as I easily slide right into the driver's seat though. Perfect height for entry/exit as with my sedan I have to lower myself in the car and with my 4x4 I had to raise myself up...with the Edge it's simply sliding in...one of the things I like so much about the Crossover concept.