Line out converter ?'s

Get an amp with it built in

Got about 6 old school amps from my young thumpin days that I'm gonna use. Probably use a big Orion for the sub and a PPI, Punch or Hafler for the fronts. These old amps were really well built but most of them did not have speaker level inputs or crossovers back then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Following!

I would also like to know the location of where to install the LOC. I just purchased the Scosche LOC90 with remote turn on built in and remote bass adjuster.

h142LOC90-F.jpg

I would like to know if it's easier and better to install up front (either under dash or right behind factory deck) or tap it somewhere near the rear speaker wires.

Edited by HotLights

I used speedwire (9 16g wires in one outer jacket) for the front channel behind the radio to go back to the LOC I mounted with an amp where the factory amp/sub would have been. Speedwire has enough wires to then run back up front for the speaker output. I soldered on some RC hobby battery quick disconnects so that when I get rid of the Edge one day I can plug the factory wires back together 123 and secure and done. Butt connectors or those splice taps are not good over time in a vibrating vehicle. I also just swapped in a Audiocontrol LC7i in place of the passive LOC. Sound quality difference is definitely noticeable. I mainly did it though because even though my amp had a in and out pass through for the RCA's my sub amp was just not getting enough signal to work properly. I tried both going straight to the sub and using the amp pass through.