AFE Dry air filter for a little more performance on my 3.5

carguy75

I can only suggest a few other items that should net you even better mpg. They've all been proven not to work but maybe they'll work for you since your car is different.

water4gas.com

tornadoair.com

http://www.kjmagnetics.com/fuelmagnet.asp

HAHA!!

You have just proved my point. :)

When immature people can not win an argument, they result to childish behavior.

Again, buy a AFE filter and see for yourself if it works for you as well, you may be surprised.

Note: How is my car different?

Do you know anyone else who have used an AFE Dry S air filter in their Ford Edge that have stated that they do not have any mpg gains(without making up anybody) or better yet a group of individuals?

If not, again how is my Edge different? :)

Out of curiosity, how are you even a moderator?

You are not very impartial or even moderate.

How can you police anyone else behavior on this forum when you can not control your own negative and bias posts that slams a poster's opinion or observation because you believe them to be false or improbable?

I hope you are better at doing your real job. :)

Edited by carguy75

First, moderators do not have to be impartial. We just make sure there are no personal attacks, spammers or off topic posts.

Second - it's immature of you to ignore all of the scientific explanations about how your engine works including actual scientific tests in addition to the complete lack of similar test results by the filter manufacturers and retailers which they could have easily produced.

Since your vehicle apparently operates in some parallel dimension where our laws of physics don't apply, I thought it would be helpful to point out other devices that would yield similar results.

You can thank me later.

First, moderators do not have to be impartial. We just make sure there are no personal attacks, spammers or off topic posts.

Second - it's immature of you to ignore all of the scientific explanations about how your engine works including actual scientific tests in addition to the complete lack of similar test results by the filter manufacturers and retailers which they could have easily produced.

Since your vehicle apparently operates in some parallel dimension where our laws of physics don't apply, I thought it would be helpful to point out other devices that would yield similar results.

You can thank me later.

Now your posts are just being idiotic. :)

Furthermore, if my car gains a couple mpg after I installed the filter does it make sense for me to believe general information posted on the internet over what I see with my own two eyes.

Again, your reasoning in your last post is idiotic at best and very immature in the least.

You are not going to win this debate about the AFE Dry S filter giving better gas mileage or not, therefore you result to childish jokes to cover-up your lack of first-hand knowledge of how well the AFE filters works while hiding behind tests of other air filters and cars as your only support.

When you try the Dry S filter yourself and get less or the same gas mileage as your OEM air filter, then I will take you seriously. :salute:

Edited by carguy75

• 2 months later...

I got good mileage on my edge. Going on a long trip, i managed to get 29 mpg hw. But hilly traffic congested city driving is horrendous ! I was getting 12mpg.

now. . I may got a knN filter. Absolutely feel no powergain or even a different sound. Feel and sounds the same to me. But ill take any placebo if i can get any to get more hp on this car. Love this car.

• 3 months later...

I got good mileage on my edge. Going on a long trip, i managed to get 29 mpg hw. But hilly traffic congested city driving is horrendous ! I was getting 12mpg.

now. . I may got a knN filter. Absolutely feel no powergain or even a different sound. Feel and sounds the same to me. But ill take any placebo if i can get any to get more hp on this car. Love this car.

You will not hear any sound improvement in the Edge due to sound baffles in the stock air intake tract.

Furthermore, you will not really feel any horsepower gain due to it being only about a couple extra horsepower maybe more.

Depending on how attuned you are to how your car feels, you may feel a different in how it pulls or accelerates.

But no, it will not be noticeable like adding a turbo to your Edge.

Just a subtle difference.

Edited by carguy75