Power Steering Fluid Question

only126db

According to the online owner's manual found here:

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/catalog/owner_guides/07edgog3e.pdf

you need Mercon V. So any product that says it specifically meets that spec is fine. Though I like to use OEM or non-multi spec fluid when topping off. Personal preference.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

See now the manual I looked at said use Mercon, not Mercon V. I called Ford and they also said Merc V. The manual I got this info from is on Ford.com, you would think they would have current info.

post-34706-0-08600500-1428333497_thumb.jpg

RTFM for any fluid or filter replacements.

-----------------

RTFM ? Runover The Ford Mechanic ?

Oh I see now....Read The Ford Manaul....

Why has every reply you have made to my posts seemed like you think I am an idiot?

Please dont reply to my posts.

Edited by only126db

See now the manual I looked at said use Mercon, not Mercon V. I called Ford and they also said Merc V. The manual I got this info from is on Ford.com, you would think they would have current info.

Version 1 of the owner's manual says Mercon. Version 3 says Mercon V.

You just looked this up on the Ford site? Do you remember the URL, or how you got to it? I want to see if the info is inconsistent there.

N/M, confirmed what akirby noted in the last post. Yeah, look for the latest revision of the manual, because a lot of times when the first revision comes out (first year of model), there are inaccuracies in there. No harm in asking anyway :)

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

I just looked up the manual for a 2013 Edge. The power steering fluid shows to use Mercon LV, with Ford part number and spec XT-10-QLV. Completely different than what your posted information shows. Has to be year specific I would think. Page 349 on the following link

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/catalog/owner_guides/13edgom4e.pdf

Just make sure you are using a manual for your year vehicle and like mentioned, I would use the latest revision of that year.

-----------------

RTFM ? Runover The Ford Mechanic ?

Oh I see now....Read The Ford Manaul....

Why has every reply you have made to my posts seemed like you think I am an idiot?

Please dont reply to my posts.

Your first post made it seem like you had not looked in the manual at all, so I was pointing out that the owner's manual contains the exact specification for all fluids and filters. If you had already looked and saw Mercon but got conflicting information from the dealer you should have said that up front - we're not mind readers.