Impatient to receive my new 2015 Edge Sport !!

Find a new dealer.

Yes this is the obvious solution. But I need facts before I make any decision. Magnetic provided that fact and I'm about to go meat the dealer any minute now.

I should have monitored Ford's production dates (and other production news) more closely but I did not. I relied on someone else and now I don't have what I want.

Thanks everyone for helping I will not waste any more time. It's been a week already.

Etienne.

• 4 weeks later...

I am new to this forum, having stumbled upon it out of frustration waiting for the Edge that I ordered in February to arrive! All of the info has been quite helpful, however I still have not figured out what the delay to my vehicle is. It was built in March and is apparently waiting shipping. I have contacted Ford Canada customer service and have had a terrible experience. No one seems willing to get me information and just keeps blaming the Dealership. My dealer doesn't seem to be able to get any more info other than the fact that it is sitting waiting for delivery. All I want to know is when I can expect this vehicle! I have been waiting 16 weeks from the time the dealer ordered it (inactually ordered it 4 weeks before that but they forgot to place the order).

I am seriously considering walking away and waiting for the 2016's.

Any suggestions?

Cheeky, have you PM'd FordService yet (Tricia)? She may be able to find out more for you on the actual status of the Edge. Hope they haven't lost it somewhere (cringe)!

Need 5 posts to PM, so you are just a couple short as of now :)

I am in Canada so I don't think Tricia can assist me, which is unfortunate as from the sounds of other posts she has been an excellent resource! I will try the Canadian customer service resource on this forum and see if one of them can help me!

I have a feeling it is sitting, stuck at the back of the lot! I checked out ford etis and it was built March 27, I can also get a window sticker. No outstanding service according to etis as well, so really no apparent reason why there has been such a delay to shipment!

Yes this is the obvious solution. But I need facts before I make any decision. Magnetic provided that fact and I'm about to go meat the dealer any minute now.

I should have monitored Ford's production dates (and other production news) more closely but I did not. I relied on someone else and now I don't have what I want.

Thanks everyone for helping I will not waste any more time. It's been a week already.

Etienne.

Hi Etienne,

What was the outcome? Did you end up getting in touch with the dealer?

I am new to this forum, having stumbled upon it out of frustration waiting for the Edge that I ordered in February to arrive! All of the info has been quite helpful, however I still have not figured out what the delay to my vehicle is. It was built in March and is apparently waiting shipping. I have contacted Ford Canada customer service and have had a terrible experience. No one seems willing to get me information and just keeps blaming the Dealership. My dealer doesn't seem to be able to get any more info other than the fact that it is sitting waiting for delivery. All I want to know is when I can expect this vehicle! I have been waiting 16 weeks from the time the dealer ordered it (inactually ordered it 4 weeks before that but they forgot to place the order).

I am seriously considering walking away and waiting for the 2016's.

Any suggestions?

Hey Cheeky,

I'm in Canada too - Toronto - which dealership have you ordered from?

Hi Etienne,

What was the outcome? Did you end up getting in touch with the dealer?

I finally got the VIN the day I decided to cancel the order :) The dealer got very lucky. The salesrep promised to keep me up to date on the ETA, build and shipment.

He obviously did none of that, so I got in touch with the folks at FordServiceCA, and my truck is on its way to the dealer and will get there June 20th!

Ford Etis site and window sticker "fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/windowsticker.aspx?vin=" URL helped me a lot.

• Like 1