Impatient to receive my new 2015 Edge Sport !!

I ordered my Edge Sport early Feb and I still don't have a VIN ! Summer up here (Quebec area) is pretty short, and I was hoping to enjoy driving my new car as much as possible while it's nice and warm.

The color I picked is electric spice.. I got all options except for the inflatable belt. I know there are delays with the 21" wheels so that's why I've been waiting.

I have asked for a status on the build last week and the only thing the salesmen can tell me is that he's got no VIN. Is there any other information he could get from Ford ?

In any case this is my first Ford! (I have previously owned VW, Mazda, Mitsubishi) I am very excited about this new design.

Etienne

If you have the Drivers Assistance Package (Adaptive cruise control) it was listed as late availability. It was originally scheduled for May 4th and now it shows as first week of September. Check out the link below. I would contact your sales person. I'm not sure if they got parts in for the May 4th build and do not have enough, hence the September date. (this is only a guess)

http://www.donlen.com/production-cars-ford.aspx

Edited by Hum099

If you have the Drivers Assistance Package (Adaptive cruise control) it was listed as late availability. It was originally scheduled for May 4th and now it shows as first week of September. Check out the link below. I would contact your sales person.

http://www.donlen.com/production-cars-ford.aspx

Thanks for sharing this information. I don't understand why my sales person is not keeping me informed of these delays.

Has this been a known fact for a long time ?

Etienne.

About 2 weeks.....I had the same issue. Once I found oubout the delay, I decided to buy one of the sports they had in transit....identical to the one I ordered....just no 51d. I took ownership of my new sport last sat and the wife an I are loving it!

I found more useful info on this site than the dealer ever gave me.

Edited by cds71

I have ordered a sport with all the goodies. I'm just waiting to hear back from my sales guy. He was checking to see if they got any in stock (adaptive Cruise) and if so was mine scheduled to get it. If I do have to wait until September I will be doing what you did. Order it without the 51d

Edited by Hum099

About 2 weeks.....I had the same issue. Once I found oubout the delay, I decided to buy one of the sports they had in transit....identical to the one I ordered....just no 51d. I took ownership of my new sport last sat and the wife an I are loving it!

I found more useful info on this site than the dealer ever gave me.

I see there's a lot of great folks on this site. I will be using the information here as much as I can !

I will call my sales guy now.

My salesrep says the 51D is not delayed and that they actually received an Edge with the 51D group. The only delay I have is due to the 21" rims.

I will contact FordService and see if I can get help. There is conflicting information coming from my rep and what I find on the web !

Etienne.

My salesrep says the 51D is not delayed and that they actually received an Edge with the 51D group. The only delay I have is due to the 21" rims.

I will contact FordService and see if I can get help. There is conflicting information coming from my rep and what I find on the web !

Etienne.

I

Etienne.

I am pretty sure your dealer has this backward. The delay is the 51D package and not the 21" rims, which are currently shipping (they were delayed however and released several weeks ago). I know this because I ordered my sport accordingly and have a VIN for a sport with the 21" and without the 51d.

Personally, I would not be waiting for the 51D package as Adaptive Cruise is a nice feature it's not worth waiting until Sept for. Especially since Adaptive Steering is not included in the package anymore (not even making it on the '15's anyway).

Magnetic, what is the adaptive steering option that you are referring to?

I went to the dealer today and my sales rep still says the 51D is available and that the only hold up I had on the production of my car was the 21" rims.

He said the edge in the lot had the 51D package, so I took note of the VIN: 2FMTK4AP7FBB29513

It was a very busy day so we could not discuss more. I told him that if he made a mistake, and delayed the delivery, because he failed to mention an option I took was delayed till September - he would loose that sale.

Is it possible to double check this information on the web ? I went to ford etis and it's difficult to identify what the missing options would be.

Etienne.