Driver seat off vs steering wheel!?

I noticed something special on my Edge Sport 2015. The driver's seat is not centered relative to the center of the steering wheel and dashboard. If you look in the photo, the speedometer is perfectly centered with ford logo on the wheel. However , the base of the seat ( leather V between the two seams) is off vs the wheel. Easily seen by looking at the wheel base (metal false ) vs the seat .

In addition, the space between the driver seat and the center console is approximately 1/2 inch smaller than the space between the passenger seat and center console .

Question: Is it normal? Are you seeing the same thing on your Edge?

post-35353-0-34021900-1433219678_thumb.jpg

Driver seat

post-35353-0-51739200-1433219710_thumb.jpg

Passenger seat

post-35353-0-06937800-1433219729_thumb.jpg

**Why the picture were uploaded "on another side" vs the original on my iPad!?

I haven't noticed the off-centeredness, but I did notice the different spacing on either side of the console. I put a foam padded spacer on the passenger side so I don't loose stuff between the seat and the console; but the spacer wouldn't fit on the driver's side.

Called Ford Canada yesterday. They didn't know about the problem. They don't have any service bulletin on this...

It's seem to be a common problem or design on multiple car/brand.

May be it's for side airbag deploying vs the steering wheel or just because we usually driving with one hand!?

For sure, this design or I don't know what is bugging me!!

• 3 months later...

I've owned 3 Edges so far and on each one, including my 2015 Titanium, the driver's seat was not exactly centered. It is annoying but I'm used to it now. I just figured there must be a reason for it and never bothered to ask about it. In a way I hope that the seat would not be adjustable from side to side. If it is then that would mean it could potentially loosen. Wouldn't want that. I guess it is what it is.

Please post if anyone finds a solution to this.

I think that this is a normal design tolerance found in most any car; from the least expensive to the most expensive. It's probably accountable to being able to squeeze everything into the space available. From a marketing perspective, the layout of the instrument cluster has a greater first impression than a the steering wheel being off by an inch or so. Ever notice that the peddles are not standardized either?

I think that this is a normal design tolerance found in most any car; from the least expensive to the most expensive. It's probably accountable to being able to squeeze everything into the space available. From a marketing perspective, the layout of the instrument cluster has a greater first impression than a the steering wheel being off by an inch or so. Ever notice that the peddles are not standardized either?

The peddles are correct BUT...the footrest is too thick for nothing!! It's annoying...Have to rest my left feet on the ground!

If I rest my feet on the footrest...after 5-10 minutes, I realize I'm pushing with my left feet (because my left knee is 2 inch higher than my right knee (footrest too thick)) on the floor and creating a back pain.

And you??