Can anyone find my 2015 Ford Edge

I bought an Edge that I was told was expected 2 weeks ago and still not here after a month. After calling Ford, they said its in "transit". After calling the dealer, he said the same but that it might have been sent back due to "leaks that these things typically have" . Is this anyway to run a Car company?

IF I provide the VIN number, does anyone have a way to really find out what happened?

• Like 1

In a similar situation here. Ordered a 2015 Edge Sport in April, told to expect it late May, was told it was scheduled to be and was being built the first week of May. By early June it still wasn't built, then a week later it was, and it is in transit now. It *may* arrive this weekend. Ford's order system and and customer communication systems are a total joke. Going to corporate via email and social media was bad, too - they referred me straight back to the dealership. I only hope the actual car is better than the experience so far.

Anyway, from all that I have figured out, the car isn't built until it shows up in ETIS website. ETIS.ford.com Good luck!

Edited by GJCATL

In a similar situation here. Ordered a 2015 Edge Sport in April, told to expect it late May, was told it was scheduled to be and was being built the first week of May. By early June it still wasn't built, then a week later it was, and it is in transit now. It *may* arrive this weekend. Ford's order system and and customer communication systems are a total joke. Going to corporate via email and social media was bad, too - they referred me straight back to the dealership. I only hope the actual car is better than the experience so far.

Anyway, from all that I have figured out, the car isn't built until it shows up in ETIS website. ETIS.ford.com Good luck!

I have the VIN number, I'll try it and let you know!

• Like 1

I have the VIN number, I'll try it and let you know!

Got on the ETIS site with the VIN and sure enough it has a leak of some kind ! No idea what that means or where it is but I guess the dealer was telling the truth .

Do I wait for it or just settle on another color thats in stock?

Outstanding Field Service Actions

15B21 - A-PILLAR WATER LEAK INSPECTION AND REPAIR

Got on the ETIS site with the VIN and sure enough it has a leak of some kind ! No idea what that means or where it is but I guess the dealer was telling the truth .

Do I wait for it or just settle on another color thats in stock?

Outstanding Field Service Actions

15B21 - A-PILLAR WATER LEAK INSPECTION AND REPAIR

That doesn't mean it has the leak. It means it is part of the group of cars possibly affected and COULD have a leak. I'm part of that group but never had issues with a leak.

If you do grab one out of stock, make sure it was not part of that group that requires 15B21 to be safe. If it does arrive at your dealer, immediately have it checked for signs of possible leaks. Any moisture and tell them no thanks.