Foot Activated Tailgate

Jeepwx03

I have a Titanium 2.0L AWD and I cannot seem to get the foot activated tailgate to work. Any suggestions?

I have a Titanium V6 AWD with factory installed hitch and my foot activated switch works well if I just put my foot under the bumper then straight out. If I waive it around it seems to not work...

I think it can be disabled via the LCD controls to the left of the speedometer but I'm not positive. I haven't had any issues with mine. My fiancee has a '15 Escape Titanium with the tow package and hers is noticeably harder to get to work than mine. My sport has no hitch.

The foot activated tailgate works just fine in my Sport.

Per the manual and Ford's instructions, you need to have both of your shins behind the vehicle, then place one foot under the bumper then back.

For me, I can walk up to it and wave my foot back and forth a few times. That is without moving my leg. Just place my foot under, quick wave, and out. And it pops.

My 8yo thinks its the coolest thing in the world.

I'll have to research disabling for those times I have a canoe on top. I am scared of accidentally triggering it and not being able to grab the lift gate in time. I also need to learn to set the liftgate height for those times too so if it does go up, it won't hit the boat.

The foot activated tailgate works just fine in my Sport.

Per the manual and Ford's instructions, you need to have both of your shins behind the vehicle, then place one foot under the bumper then back.

For me, I can walk up to it and wave my foot back and forth a few times. That is without moving my leg. Just place my foot under, quick wave, and out. And it pops.

My 8yo thinks its the coolest thing in the world.

I'll have to research disabling for those times I have a canoe on top. I am scared of accidentally triggering it and not being able to grab the lift gate in time. I also need to learn to set the liftgate height for those times too so if it does go up, it won't hit the boat.

I don't have an edge, but I think I recall from a Youtube video that you adjust the height of the tailgate and then press and hold the button on the lift gate for several seconds to program the height.