Vista Roof buttonS do not light up at night - hard to use

Tiffany

Vista Roof button do not light up at night - hard to use.

I CAN BELIEVE THEY DO NOT LIGHT UP...AT NIGHT I CAN'T SEE THE BUTTONS,,,

I just noticed it for the first time tonight after you said that, that's the first time I've looked at it when using it :) There has GOT to be enough ambient lighting around even from your own headlights that can get your finger to the button area, as the rest is simple.

• 2 weeks later...

I was kind of thinking about this topic and you know, neither my Acura, VW nor my chicks Mazda have lighted controls for the moonroof. I really cannot see this as an issue and suspect their is more than plenty of light to see by and that most vehicles likely do not have those controls lit up. heck, the light coming in from the BAMR alone would make enough light to see the buttons 1 would think - let alone stray light from the dash and what not.

I was kind of thinking about this topic and you know, neither my Acura, VW nor my chicks Mazda have lighted controls for the moonroof. I really cannot see this as an issue and suspect their is more than plenty of light to see by and that most vehicles likely do not have those controls lit up. heck, the light coming in from the BAMR alone would make enough light to see the buttons 1 would think - let alone stray light from the dash and what not.

I am adding some led that shine up. I have a friend with an Edge too and they said the exact same as me.

I have a 2008 MKX and the controls for the vista roof do in fact light up at night. The buttons to open the roof have lights where you activate for opening and closing. The buttons to operate the shades light up as well but the labels "open" and "close" actually light up. Not much more than that and is quite easy to use. The only button that does not light is the tilt button but it is fairly obvious by touch since it sticks out further than the rest of the panel. This may be different on the Edge.

I have a 2008 MKX and the controls for the vista roof do in fact light up at night. The buttons to open the roof have lights where you activate for opening and closing. The buttons to operate the shades light up as well but the labels "open" and "close" actually light up. Not much more than that and is quite easy to use. The only button that does not light is the tilt button but it is fairly obvious by touch since it sticks out further than the rest of the panel. This may be different on the Edge.

wow, I wonder if i can get the swiches and replace them see...they just cut cost on the Edge.

can you post a picture of the vista roof buttons.

I am calling a parts guy to see whats up

• 7 months later...
Vista Roof button do not light up at night - hard to use.

I CAN BELIEVE THEY DO NOT LIGHT UP...AT NIGHT I CAN'T SEE THE BUTTONS,,,

The MKX and the Edge use the same vista roof switch. But the Edge does not have the wire for the lights. You can run a wire and hook them up which is not that difficult. I have done it and it makes quite a difference. I don't know why Ford would not have the switch light up like the MKX, hard to believe it would cost them that much to run a wire.

• 2 weeks later...