Cupholder rattle

I have been dealing with various noises in my 2015 Edge Titanium V6 since day one. The latest been a high pitch rattle in the front cabin.

Initially I thought the rattle was coming from the passenger side, near the A pillar. I managed to eventually track down the central console cup holder as the source, much to my surprise. The high pitch rattle goes away whenever I put pressure on the cup holder.

I plan to schedule a service visit with the dealer to see what they can do. Has anyone else experience a similar problem with your Edge?

I experienced this too. I pinned it down to the flat area of the glossy black panel between the cup holder and the arm rest. When the noise occurs, I apply downward pressure to this area and the noise subsides. After a few weeks of this, I haven't had the noise come back, so it just may be that the underlying adhesive wasn't fully mated to the outer panel. Give it a try and report back.

Kevin: You might check my post on the "Rattle drive me crazy" topic that Frank mentioned. I originally thought the rattle and squeak was coming from the cup holder area but it turned out the be the plastic trim strip at the top of the center console on the passenger side. When you press down on the cup holder area you may be impacting the trim. Good luck!

Be well...

• 1 year later...

I had the same issue with my 2016 Titanium, only when the interior was very hot after being parked in the sun for hours... Drove me crazy. Applying pressure on the cup holder area stopped the vibration. Gave it to the dealer for a few days until they could hear it themselves... They took apart the console ... Loose rivet was glued, and adhesive foam applied on the seams of the cup holder ... Problem solved

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...