2013 Ford Edge key fob or IKT (Integrated Keyhead Transmitters)

cgblake1

I had the same thing but I noticed that this happens after working hours where the key is left at cold conditions in the office for long time so this affects the battery, you can check if the same happens with you, when you face it again try checking the other buttons may be the alarm if it works or not,if not then my guess is right & it is just cold conditions

I replaced the battery in the key fob/ikt but no change; still only unlocks the door. I don't thinks the issue is due to cold conditions because temps my way in the high 90s. Looks like the button may just be worn out. I really hate to have to purchase a new IKT. I've heard these are expensive. Any ideas on where to purchase them cheaper than dealer price?

Unfortunately, it is time to visit the dealer. You can buy blanks on EBay, but dealers generally won't work with those keys. So the best answer to your question is still what akirby posted above.

Mostly true, but there is one way. I bought OEM Lincoln fobs off Ebay, still sealed in oem plastic. He asked who I bought them from & told him the name of the dealer (that was selling on ebay). Shrugged and told me the price to cut the keys.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys - Wanted to let you know that I was able to purchase 2 new uncut key fobs/IKT from the Ebay vendor 'Your Key Supplier' for $33. I took them to my local dealership and they cut and programmed the keys for $75. This was far less than purchasing 1 key fob/IKT from the dealership. I did check with the dealership prior to purchasing online to make sure that they would cut and program the keys for me. Thanks for all your help. You guys saved me a lot of money :)!

Hi Guys - Wanted to let you know that I was able to purchase 2 new uncut key fobs/IKT from the Ebay vendor 'Your Key Supplier' for $33. I took them to my local dealership and they cut and programmed the keys for $75. This was far less than purchasing 1 key fob/IKT from the dealership. I did check with the dealership prior to purchasing online to make sure that they would cut and program the keys for me. Thanks for all your help. You guys saved me a lot of money :)!

I just got my 2013 Edge Sport, and it only came with one key. The dealer is looking into getting me another key for no charge but in the mean time I am shopping around. I did a search on eBay for the seller you mentioned but it didn't pull up anything. I did find a seller for $55 a piece selling used but like new key fobs.