It a actually a really ghetto and cheap way of doing it but its more of a trial and error kinda thing. No matter what store or what website I went to, I couldn't find any real easy way of doing. So I just rigged something up and so far so good. All I needed was 2 things 3m hanging clips and black spray paint.

I have a 2008 that I have been using various tablets for music and nav as well as ways of keeping the tablet in place. I have used wood molding, aluminum molding, screws, and even attempted a fiberglass mount. Everything I have tried looks ghetto. The tablets have flown off during hard braking and acceleration so I have always been on the lookout for a better way to secure it.

I currently have a LG G-Pad 8.3 from Verizon. It is a bigger tablet than my previous ones and takes up a good deal of space across the front of the dash's cutout for the radio. I have the tablet held in place with a couple of bulletin board hanging tabs but it looks ghetto.

I am planning on replacing the entire system and have it controlled by the G-Pad. I came across something called a Koala mount on eBay while looking for a wireless charging dock. I like the way they look and how it would allow the tablet to be removed fairly easy. I ordered a set and will see what happens when they arrive. I don't know if there will be enough clearance between the tablet, mount, and bezel trim for the radio considering my tablet's bigger dimensions. I do believe they might work for smaller 7" and 8" tablets. For $15 its worth a try.

http://www.dockem.com/Koala-iPad-Wall-Mount-p/20006.htm

post-27574-0-82523700-1439919962_thumb.jpg

post-27574-0-30863200-1439919965_thumb.jpg

post-27574-0-92963000-1439920497_thumb.jpg

Edited by they_say_im_crusty