SIDE MIRRORS QUESTION

but not outward? that is a nice feature for backing out of the garage too closely to the wall.

Hi Poorboy! :D Huh...what? Think you must be misunderstanding what "hamman" stated.:blink:

From the 2007 Owners Manual:

Fold-away mirrors

Pull the side mirrors in carefully

when driving through a narrow

space, like an automatic car wash.

In other words, they either can be in the regular driving position, or, folded approximately 90 degrees inward, towards the door (for driving through narrow spaces, parking on narrow roads, etc.).

Then, when resuming driving, you can fold them "outward", back to the regular driving position.

How many other ways are you expecting them them to fold? :shrug:

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Then, when resuming driving, you can fold them "outward", back to the regular driving position.

How many other ways are you expecting them them to fold? :shrug:

Good luck. :beerchug:

:wacko:

I think maybe he means something like hyper-extending. He knows you can folds the mirrors in towards the back of the car, but can you fold the mirrors in towards the front of the car?

In this position, the mirrors would be exposed and possibly sticking out past the windshield if you are having trouble visualizing.

I think maybe he means something like hyper-extending. He knows you can folds the mirrors in towards the back of the car, but can you fold the mirrors in towards the front of the car?

In this position, the mirrors would be exposed and possibly sticking out past the windshield if you are having trouble visualizing.

Hi SHIZZY.:D While I had no trouble visualizing what Poorboy meant, thanks for the description. :hysterical:

I guess the point I was making was a bit too obscure.

In other words, whether they fold forward 90 degrees (as you describe), or rearward 90 degrees (as they are designed to do), I see no difference or advantage. If you are pulling into/out of "the garage too close to the wall", fold them rearward (as the Owners Manual describes).

Either way, they are folded against the vehicle for tight spaces.

Perhaps some people do see a need for mirrors that fold forward, and if they see a need for that, more power to them.

However, in this case it is a moot point. According to the Owners Manual, the Edge mirrors fold rearward.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

My Edge Mirrors fold both ways, however if you hit the garage door backing out I am not certain they would clear. They fold Flat if you pull them toward you while setting in the seat and they fold back as if you were setting in the seat and pushed them away from you, however pointed forward they do not fold flat as if folding backward. Or is it Backward they fold flat and forward not all the way. Ah $hit now I'm confused! They swivel both ways on my, maybe my Edge is a switch hitter. If it is I am dumping it. I'm not into that activity.

Hi SHIZZY.:D While I had no trouble visualizing what Poorboy meant, thanks for the description. :hysterical:

I guess the point I was making was a bit too obscure.

In other words, whether they fold forward 90 degrees (as you describe), or rearward 90 degrees (as they are designed to do), I see no difference or advantage. If you are pulling into/out of "the garage too close to the wall", fold them rearward (as the Owners Manual describes).

No sweat.

:stop:

Edited by SHIZZY

• 2 months later...