Enhanced Park Assist with Side Parking Sensors

I love the enhanced park assist with side parking sensors feature. I use it all the time and drove around one night letting it park in and out of a lot of tight parking spots, and it worked perfectly every single time. I have a narrow garage, and the side sensors are great as they let me know how close I am next to the garage entrance. The front parking sensors allows me to park in the garage at the same spot every time. The enhanced park assist with side parking sensors is now a must have deal breaker feature for me for any future vehicle purchases. I hope in the future Ford adds brake support. The 2016 Chrysler Jeeps will have park assist with brake support, and I hope Ford does the same.

• Like 1

I love the enhanced park assist with side parking sensors feature. I use it all the time and drove around one night letting it park in and out of a lot of tight parking spots, and it worked perfectly every single time. I have a narrow garage, and the side sensors are great as they let me know how close I am next to the garage entrance. The front parking sensors allows me to park in the garage at the same spot every time. The enhanced park assist with side parking sensors is now a must have deal breaker feature for me for any future vehicle purchases. I hope in the future Ford adds brake support. The 2016 Chrysler Jeeps will have park assist with brake support, and I hope Ford does the same.

Now I'm convinced. I thought maybe it was just a 'nice to have' but now I'm thinking it might be a requirement when my wife parks in the garage. But why not, it's only money.

My wife and I use the sensors and park assist all the time.....every day for her cause she has to park in a tight perpendicular space everyday for work, I use it anytime I parallel park.

The sensors in the new edge have been deadly accurate.....great for parking lot navigation and cross traffic.

What is the best feature of those parking sensors for me is the cross-traffic alert. Sensors watch both directions much further than you can see warning you if the car is approaching. Much comfortable to reverse from a parking lot.

Only thing I'd prefer to see that warning on the MFT screen no in the cluster. But the warning is audible as well so no biggie.

I have a 1 car garage. I have the option but never use it. Could I have it back me in to the garage?

I don't know about a garage, but it works between two cars. You have enhanced park assist and you never used it? It still freaks me out when it says "Remove hands Shift to reverse" and the steering wheel starting spinning around by itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1_sEPLzKIc

I have a 1 car garage. I have the option but never use it. Could I have it back me in to the garage?

my guess would be that as long as there are two barriers on either side, then the system should see that as a parking space. I be careful of any items like bikes or lawn / garden equipment along the walls.

The ability the edge has to parallel park is way beyond my ability...it has parked in spots I would never try in a million years...and yet it pulled it off effortlessly.....Very impressive to say the least!

Edited by cds71

What is the best feature of those parking sensors for me is the cross-traffic alert. Sensors watch both directions much further than you can see warning you if the car is approaching. Much comfortable to reverse from a parking lot.

Only thing I'd prefer to see that warning on the MFT screen no in the cluster. But the warning is audible as well so no biggie.

The cross traffic alert has been an option on the Edge since 2011, and it works better on the 2015 as you said sensing the cars approaching much further away. The backup and front display arrows work better too than they did on my 2011 and 2013 Edge Sport.

We have park assist on our Escape but have never used it in 18 months. We just don't have many parallel parking spaces here. I keep planning to put two cars on the street in front of the house and test it there but we haven't done it yet.

I think I've parallel-parked 3 times in the last 5 years, and 2 of those were in other cities. :)