Just Picked up a 2015 Edge Sport AWD

Despite 2 days of bargaining I feel that I'm paying to much for the lease. The MSRP was $47,450. It's a 36 month/10,500 miles per year lease: $1,000 out of pocket (includes first month payment), $510 per month, tax included. What are your thoughts?

Also, my credit isn't the best so I'm very lucky to have gotten approved.

post-37909-0-15885900-1444165122_thumb.jpg

post-37909-0-69706900-1444165142_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jason Delshad

When shopping a lease, it is different than shopping to buy a car. There are a lot more factors in play. Agreed upon price of the vehicle (this is where you always start before even talking about if you'll lease or buy), residual value (which will be provided by the dealer and depends on length or lease and miles you plan on leasing it for), financing fee (APR....this is where your credit comes in to play). A good lease is when you have a low cap cost (vehicle price - rebates - down payment + dealer fees) and a high residual.

So if you didn't negotiate a good price on the vehicle and your credit drove up that APR, then your deal may not be as sweet as others.

I'd have to see the actual numbers to make an opinion.

I was lucky to get my '15 Sport with Z-Plan. And my credit is good.

When shopping a lease, it is different than shopping to buy a car. There are a lot more factors in play. Agreed upon price of the vehicle (this is where you always start before even talking about if you'll lease or buy), residual value (which will be provided by the dealer and depends on length or lease and miles you plan on leasing it for), financing fee (APR....this is where your credit comes in to play). A good lease is when you have a low cap cost (vehicle price - rebates - down payment + dealer fees) and a high residual.

So if you didn't negotiate a good price on the vehicle and your credit drove up that APR, then your deal may not be as sweet as others.

I'd have to see the actual numbers to make an opinion.

I was lucky to get my '15 Sport with Z-Plan. And my credit is good.

Thanks, I'm loving my Sport.

The adjusted cap cost is $43,395 and the residual value is $27,331

• 2 months later...

Thanks, I'm loving my Sport.

The adjusted cap cost is $43,395 and the residual value is $27,331

thats actually not a bad deal at all. Looks like yours is loaded with the 21's as we.. I just got a preliminary quote for a fully loaded sport with the drivers pkg, pano, and 21s MSRP 48,275. dealer is only taking 2,400 off MSRP. Selling price $45,846.68. nothing down Residual is 56%, MF is pretty good 0.75%. still comes to $604/month. Wayy too expensive for what this car MSRPs at..

• 1 month later...

Oh how I miss My home state of NJ. I live and California now. just spent two months shopping for an edge sport. I just picked up my edge sport today MSRP 45,480. fwd, 401a, pano, 21" wheels. Between the dealers not budging on price and high taxes in this state, this lease is ending up costing 530/month. 1000 out of pocket. Perfect credit. It took me a while to accept that cars in California are just more expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

Just leased a 2015 Sport AWD 401A, pretty much loaded. Pano, 21's, etc..

$1300 down

$475 a month

3 years 36,000 miles.

NJ.

I went and bought a Costco membership for $50 and under the Costco Auto program you get the car for MSRP which was $3500 off.

That including taxes? 1300.00 down out the door minus DMV. 10,000 miles a year?

If anyone leases a 2016 Titanium AWD, 302A package please pass along the numbers. Thanks!!

This will be my 4th Edge and really want Sync 3 which will upgrade to Apple CarPlay or Android Play

MyFord Touch has greatly improved and is trouble free now in my book for those who got into a 2015. Siri Eyes if you have an iPhone is great. It may not work temporarily until Apple updates the operating system to 9.3 ( Im using the beta and working as it should)

Drive safely

• 2 months later...