CD will not eject

This has happened the last 2 times I used a CD. Put a CD into the player and then try ejecting and nothing happens. Luckily for the 1st CD, I pulled the fuse to reboot Sync (although I didn't think Sync was involved in the issue) and after trying a few things and then randomly hitting the eject area (can't call it a button!), the CD magically came out unscathed.

Second CD - not so lucky. But after having it scratched by trying a few things, the CD player said that there was a read error and it ejected.

So eject hardware is OK once it gets the right signal to perform. But the eject message is not being communicated by swiping the eject area...and believe me we tried probably a hundred times over a several hour drive. Any one else have similar issues and had them fixed? Yes, I could put the CDs to USB and that would solve my problem but I would hate to pass this issue down in a few years to who ever buys my 2011 Edge. But realistically I'm not going to spend a lot of money fixing it either.

I never thought of using a voice command to eject the CD. I did a search and "Eject" unfortunately is not listed as one of the voice command options under CD. If anyone has a working CD system...please give it a try...you never know. If I find a CD that I don't mind losing, I'll try it out.

• 1 month later...