3-Lock Remote Starter Problem!

Hey guys

I got my 12 SEL a couple months ago and the previous owner has an aftermarket remote installed from what I know. Its not the slick key fob with the push button ignition.

When I click the lock button 3 times. the car turns on fully. But now when I click 3 times it turns all the way on TILL the ON part, but doesn't actually fire up and start running.

It's driving me crazy trying to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated

Edited by snowtrooper

Without knowing the make of the remote starter it will be difficult to diagnose. You can check under the instrument panel on the driver's side for a module that might indicate the make of the starter. Also, do you have the door ajar issue? Where the vehicle still thinks the door is open? Or the "Shift to Park" issue? Where the Vehicle thinks your not in park. Both issues would probably affect the remote starter.

Without knowing the make of the remote starter it will be difficult to diagnose. You can check under the instrument panel on the driver's side for a module that might indicate the make of the starter. Also, do you have the door ajar issue? Where the vehicle still thinks the door is open? Or the "Shift to Park" issue? Where the Vehicle thinks your not in park. Both issues would probably affect the remote starter.

No I will check over the weekend. But I don't have any of the other two issues.

Will report here once I get the name of the brand