2015 Rear Gate Light Bar

Hi -

Does anyone have any knowledge concerning enabling/swapping/wiring the LED Tailight Bar? I bought a 2015 SEL and want the tail light bar to light up. That is what attracted me to the Edge when I saw it at night and I feel like I got scammed that mine does not light up.

Can a Dealership swap the bar out ?

Thanks,

Ed

Ed. I feel the Same way I am pretty sure you can buy the parts, just need to know what to ask for. they have to have them if a Titanium or sport gets into an accident. even the front lighting. I haven't asked them yet, One thing I am not sure of is if the SE and the SEL even have the Lights and they are just not turned or. My thought is that they don't have the lighting that would need to be purchased. If you find out please let me know.

• Like 1

Hi - I have sent an email directlry to Ford asking how to move forward with this.

I am also waiting for a callback from the Parts Manager where I bought the car (just 2 weeks ago). I will let you know what I find out. I am leaning towards the thought that the SE and SEL Trims are not even wired for the light bar to work....

Ford probably isn't going to give uou a firection on this. Here is a simple way to find out. Take off the panel on thr hatch to access the lightbar. See if it's plugged in or if the plug attached to the hatch has nothing plugged into it. I'f I have time I will take mine off but I really wont be home till 10 Feb due to training.

I think the problem is the Gen2 is still so new no one is getting anything built. I didn't see anything at SEMA but Wasn't 'looking for Ford stuff while I was there. My thought is there isn't even a light in the rear light bar. But you should be able to by the parts from Ford. not sure how cheap it would be. Helm may have the service manual which would have the Part numbers in it.

The Official Update from Ford - Via a work order placed by the Dealership is that there are no current methods/kits available to perform this installation of the Tailgate Lightbar that currently exists on the Titanium and Sport Trims onto the SEL or SE Trim Levels.
Even if a lightbar from a Titanium Trim model Edge was placed on the SEL it would not work without programming the cars computer components to enable it to work. It did not sound like Ford had an interest in releasing a conversion kit.

I am very surprised by this - almost any feature/pkg not available a specific trim level on any car can be ordered/installed after the car is purchased....except for this option.

I feel robbed !

That doesn't make sense that the computer would need to be flashed to make "light" work. If I had known it was an actual thing I wouldn't have got mine and got the titanium. Seems like a low move even for ford. I didn't know there was a light bar till I saw an edge with it 5 days after I bought mine so returning it wouldn't happen.

• Like 1

Lights have been controlled by computers for some time. Shoot in my 07 magnum if you installed the oem fog light kit, you had to get a star scan tool or dealership to flash it and enable them to turn on in oem function. Also a member with a sport HAS had a dealership successfully install the lightbar and the wire harness, dunno if they had to update software. Also. I have a new post on this and you are welcomed to take off your hatch panels and see what you have to work with. Ford will not make this a kit. The middle lightbar is like $1,400. I just had mine replaced due to condensation.

Just want to inform ALL of you looking at these cheap middle light bars. There is a very good possibility that they are warranty swaps for those who had them replaced for condensation. So spend wisely my Edge Drivers. Would suck to spend 240 and after the first odd rain/then sunshine you have a light bar full of condensation that looks horrible...

• Like 1

Yes, but not many of us can afford the Sport or Titanium Trim so we were wondering how to get the LED Tailgate bar installed on the SE or SEL Trim Levels.

I get that. But he said someone with a Sport was able to have this installed. Even though the Sport already comes with it. But I think I know who he is talking about (someone who got a Sport but for some reason didn't get the correct light bar).

Hopefully the part #s come out so you guys can do an easy swap.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a tail light bar for sale:

http://orlando.craigslist.org/pts/5451274051.html

Note that's it's not mine and I cannot vouch for the seller.

I sent a note. Not sure of the part number on this one

the LED light bar Part numbers are:

Rear LED tail light FT4B-13B433-AJ

Rear tail lights FT4B-13405 AL

You also need to replace the tail lights to get the entire effect.

Edited by Blk182atn7

Those part #'s are for the SE/SEL models. Replace the AJ with BJ for the light bar, and BL for the tail lights and you get the Ti/Sport versions. The B series will get you a working light bar. The A series are not internally wired to function.

I bought a set of B series tail lights off of eBay . I did not get the t-bar. The light bar around the left and right tail light works. Both left and right running lights function. The Ti/Sport models have a yellow turn signal. The SE/SEL models are red and both upper and lower LEDs operate as a single unit when stopping or using the turn signals.

Because my body control module is programmed for my SEL, I now have both red and yellow brake lights and turn signals.

The BCM, it may be also be called the rear electronic module (REM), is programmable. I need to convince the SA and mechanic to reprogram my BCM to match the code or codes to that of an Ti model . May be vin specific. Will be let you know if this is doable.

• Like 2