Navigation - Location Jumping Around

I've been having this problem for the past couple weeks, where the navigation will jump around constantly while driving.

It happens every minute or so where the location jumps off the current path about 500 metres away and then back to where I actually am driving. It is very distracting to see it change on both the MFT 8" screen and 4" screen when navigation is selected.

Is there anything that can be done or has anyone else experienced this issue?

I have a 2011 Ford Edge SEL, running version 3.8 of MFT (this is my only issue as of late with the system)

Thanks!

Did this only happen with 3.8? Any other electrical or mechanical snafus? A dying battery can raise all sorts of symptoms. You can try disconnecting the neg cable for 30 minutes, reconnecting, and letting the PCM relearn. May be enough to fix the GPS/navigation issue.

Is the latest software installed?

http://www.revbase.c...adPdf?id=180484

Also, there is a TSB 14-0037 for this particular issue.

GLOBAL POSITIONING SATELLITE MODULE (GPSM) NAVIGATION DISPLAY OFFSET OR INCORRECT POSITION BUILT ON OR BEFORE 1/6/2014

Image of TSB here

There are diagnostic menus you can access:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/17205-navigation-is-not-even-close-to-correct/?do=findComment&comment=125429

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
  • Like 1

It only started since 3.8 - No other issues at all.

I installed 3.8 when it was first released

I saw that TSB in the forums, but it only applies to 2013 - 2014 and I have a 2011.

The last time I was at the dealership I indicated the GPS being way off, there was a TSB in my Ford account indicating an APIM update. I had hoped that it corrected the issue, but they said it could be hardware related and I would have to pay to fix the GPS module. (So much for that 5 year warranty related to MFT).

I will try the diagnostic menu, I was not aware of that! thank you!

I saw that TSB in the forums, but it only applies to 2013 - 2014 and I have a 2011.

The last time I was at the dealership I indicated the GPS being way off, there was a TSB in my Ford account indicating an APIM update. I had hoped that it corrected the issue, but they said it could be hardware related and I would have to pay to fix the GPS module. (So much for that 5 year warranty related to MFT).

I can reflash your GPS module to find out if it is hardware or software issue, if you ever go to GTA.

Edited by Vadimus
  • Like 1

Hi aarondesj,

At any point did you see a NO GPS symbol appear on the screen, and have you tried a master reset: http://owner.ford.com/sync-technology/perform-master-reset-sync-myford-touch

Shaay

Hi aarondesj,

At any point did you see a NO GPS symbol appear on the screen, and have you tried a master reset: http://owner.ford.com/sync-technology/perform-master-reset-sync-myford-touch

Shaay

Shaay,

Every time I start the vehicle for the first time each day, I have the NO GPS symbol for about 5 minutes before I am able to start tracking.

Oddly enough... I went for a drive to west Michigan and didn't have any jumping GPS issues.

Not sure why it's intermittent, but I will keep an eye on it. I am wondering if the rain was causing the jumping GPS issues.

I will try to do a Master Reset if it comes back.

Thanks!

Shaay,

Every time I start the vehicle for the first time each day, I have the NO GPS symbol for about 5 minutes before I am able to start tracking.

Oddly enough... I went for a drive to west Michigan and didn't have any jumping GPS issues.

Not sure why it's intermittent, but I will keep an eye on it. I am wondering if the rain was causing the jumping GPS issues.

I will try to do a Master Reset if it comes back.

Thanks!

aarondesj,

akirby is correct. The NO GPS symbol indicates a hardware concern and not software. I recommend visiting your dealer if the issue continues.

Shaay