Android auto and carplay being added to sync 3

It states the 17 will get LTE for remote starting and such ( from phone ). Will the 16's get that update?

You can currently purchase this from the dealer for the 15, so I do not see why you would not be able to for the 16. It is not an update to the system as it would need an antenna installed for the LTE signal.

the biggest catch is that if you buy it as an accessory you pay a couple hundred up front for the modem and then $50/yr for data. It will be free for the first 5 years if you wait until the 2017 model year.

But as things go, there will always be some new feature in the next model year. If you keep waiting until the next new thing comes out, you'll never buy it.

I've used the onstar system on and off and really, there was one time I needed to unlock my car remotely and I never needed to start it when I was out of the range of the key fob. I suppose if you work in a large corporate office, remote start over the internet may be nice.

the biggest catch is that if you buy it as an accessory you pay a couple hundred up front for the modem and then $50/yr for data. It will be free for the first 5 years if you wait until the 2017 model year.

It's not free - it just means you're paying for 5 years worth of data included in the price of the 2017 model with that option. TANSTAAFL!

Sync has always been free for first 3 years. Then I'm told the 15 model year went to 1 year I believe.

If what I read is true, they expect the 17 model Edge in July. If that's the case I only need to wait a couple of months because my lease is up in June. Works out!

I think you're talking about sync services. We're talking about sync connect that uses a dedicated 4G LTE cell modem. The cost is for the cellular data plan.

It's not free - it just means you're paying for 5 years worth of data included in the price of the 2017 model with that option. TANSTAAFL!

Well I can't imagine MSRP going up $500 unless they make some other changes. It's better than what GM gives. You only get 6 months of free onstar then the cheapest plan is $10/mo.... I'll take free for 5 years and <$5/mo any day over GM's deal. That's even if they increased MSRP by $500.

Well I can't imagine MSRP going up $500 unless they make some other changes. It's better than what GM gives. You only get 6 months of free onstar then the cheapest plan is $10/mo.... I'll take free for 5 years and <$5/mo any day over GM's deal. That's even if they increased MSRP by $500.

I'm with you