Need a fix for this annoying issue!!! wrap? or paint?

hey all, i have an issue . I have a 2014 Limited with piano black in the center dash. now we all know piano black sucks, its shiny scratches easy eact. my question is what can i do to cover this without using a dash kit , the HVAC control is touch sensitive so i need to keep those open and accessed , i was thinking a silver 3m wrap but wouldnt know where to start looking and asking about it but i need this area covered.. think is the lower part with the shifter ect would look weird because the gear selector would need to be totally uncovered and its black, so maybe a black wrap > i was thinking about painting but that would cover those areas i need to press unless i had a really good painter

ahhh i just dont know what to do i want to cover it but have the functionality remain .. any suggestions

I'm 83 years old, on a fixed income, and am always looking for the most cost effect way to solve a problem. Guess that relates back to the 30 years I spent in Data Processing making a living. I have had other vehicles with wood like trim which was just a wrap, and it looked good. So for $14, thought I'd give it try. It not perfect but neither am I. It came out rather nicely even if I do say so myself. And for that price, what do you have to loose? I had a 1935 Ford Street Rod Panel Truck I made the gauge cluster and glove box door from a piece of Pergo flooring. Just use your head to come up with something that works for you.

Burke

Edited by Redbow

Ask nick halstead when he gets back from training too. He did similar to what red bow did. Only his is trained in red. You can look at his page I think he has a few pics of finished interior. https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/10273964_10206925347065575_2699573500343580386_n.jpg?oh=0e76cd4fa41480f8bb30be300bd247b9&oe=5720EFEB

Edited by fit1446

Ask nick halstead when he gets back from training too. He did similar to what red bow did. Only his is trained in red. You can look at his page I think he has a few pics of finished interior. https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/10273964_10206925347065575_2699573500343580386_n.jpg?oh=0e76cd4fa41480f8bb30be300bd247b9&oe=5720EFEB

yes but see where his hvac controls are raised buttons? mine are flat touch panel buttons so i would have to either cover them and not use them or cut them out around the holes ect i will post a pic for what i mean if i can

yes its pretty bad , unfortunetly it was pre owned so i dont think the previous owner gaf, that being said i always use a lubricating wax spray like ultimate quick detailer on it and a soft mocrofiber, and i have tried revoing them with the likes of plast-x and such with no results, i even wore thru and edge to where it shows white so it seemes that the black coating is only that, a coating ... i will think harder and find a solution though

• Like 1