Sunroof

07FordEdgeSELplus

Doesn't seem to have a coralation between the two. Really sounds like a coincidence.

Sounds silly, but if you feel that there is a connection, you could go back and try substituting the original incadescent bulbs, see if the window returns to normal.

Are you certain that you got all of the lubrication in all the right places?

Looking over the circuit, I don't see any connection between lighting and roof opening panel. Agree probably not fuses, but did you check all three? Fuse #18 in battery junction box, #17 in fuse panel (global open) & #41 (delay acc.)

Only one location where the roof panel and interior lighting are connected is at S903, a ground connection. This is under the headliner, directly over the drivers door. No possible way that installing LEDs could cause this IMO.

Ok so here it goes, sunroof worked perfectly fine, I changed out all the interior lights with LED. Looks fantastic. Ever since I have done that, the sunroof opens, slowly, starts to open, stops, opens more stops. Only opens halfway and then stops. What is going in here??

o

Edited by fit1446

Do you know if the wiring/logic for the BAMR goes through the SJB also, enigma?

looks like main power comes off fuse 18 in the battery junction box. Secondary power is taken through 17 & 41 in the SJB. 17 is global open, & 41 is accessory delay. But main power, what you use when you hold the overhead switch, comes from the engine compartment fuse block.

It appears that the logic is actually in the BAMR "smart front glass motor".

I just can't see any connection between the substitution of LEDS and the BAMR motors. (I could be wrong, but it does appear that the lighting and moonroof motors are totally isolated).

Dennis