New Guy...but no edge.....YET!

mikesphoteaux

Should be selling my wifes car today, and picking up a new edge in the next few days.

Any option you wish you had ordered? Had not ordered?

Exterior/Interior colors to avoid?

Cloth or Leather?

Vista roof, or does it make noise???

Im avoiding the chrome wheels, I heard about their problems.

I own a 2001 Mazda Tribue(ford escape basically) with 138K on it, and I love that little 3.0, Im sure Ill love the 3.5 even more!

I have a 2008 black limited 18 inch wheels and love it although it is hard to keep clean. I don't have an issue with the crome clad wheels they clean up real easy, i don't see break dust and IMO look real good. I chose black because i IMO it looks best with the vista roof (BAMR). I think the BAMR is a must have. I do not have nav or dvd since i have the portable versions of both and chose to spend the money on BAMR instead. I have all other options except the rear cargo mgmt system which is something i wish i ordered for $65. Just gives you storage around the spare tire. I have the car 3 months and have had no issues at all. Wife works for Ford dealer so we got D plan pricing.

I have a 2008 black limited 18 inch wheels and love it although it is hard to keep clean. I don't have an issue with the crome clad wheels they clean up real easy, i don't see break dust and IMO look real good. I chose black because i IMO it looks best with the vista roof (BAMR). I think the BAMR is a must have. I do not have nav or dvd since i have the portable versions of both and chose to spend the money on BAMR instead. I have all other options except the rear cargo mgmt system which is something i wish i ordered for $65. Just gives you storage around the spare tire. I have the car 3 months and have had no issues at all. Wife works for Ford dealer so we got D plan pricing.

BAMR? what does that stand for...I understand you are referring to the vista roof...

BAMR = Bad A$$ Moon Roof. I love the moon roof - especially since I dont have to wax and polish and seal the roof - YEEE HAAAWWWW!!!. Havent been able to open it yet - it is a wee bit cold here still - 10-25F. Closed it does not make noise :shades:

I like leather - easier to clean and maintain - plus heated.

If you like the chrome wheels - Edges built Jan 2008 and after fix issues - i think. But here is my logic. There is a lot of chrome on the car. The wheels help complete the chrome lines down the side. Further, it is MUCH easier to maintain plastic chrome than metal chrome - BY A LOT. I have them - I like them. They still "creak" a little in cold weather. I would not worry too much about it. if you like them, go for them. However if you dislike the looks, avoid them. I just would not avoid them due to other issues.

I thought I could care less about the Power Lift Gate (PLG). However, it is really convenient and glad we got it. Great for grocery shopping in 15 below weather. I just thought it would be a whooptie dooo - i was wrong.

Our Edge is an Orange Limited and it really does not show dirt a lot - which I like because there is less washing. But it sure shows salt - ick. I just hope we dont get annoyed with the color. Beware with the Dark Ink Blue (if you go that route) - it really looks black unless in DIRECT sunlight.

The interior is Camel. We looked at the Stone - but it was TOO boring and overwhelming. Black was not an option for us - too many furry critters traveling with us.

Sync is a REALLY nice feature - it plays all but our playlist on iRiver Clix Gen 2. It even recognizes underground names like Zoorupa and odd punctuation like T.a.T.u.

Ours has the reverse sensor - have not seen the whole benefit yet because every time we back out of our garage, it beeps at us because of the garage wall - creates a false sense (like crying wolf). Will be installing rear camera due to high lift gate and it is really hard to see when backing.

Ours has the Rear cargo mgmt system - havent used it yet.

I wish the gas mileage was better - but this IS a suv by all means. Ours is averaging about 17.2 MPG - all 100% city with max speed 45MPH per the computer - still breaking in with 698 miles on it thus far. It does have lots of giddy up and go imo.

I like the fact that is has a Can oil filter on the BOTTOM of the engine. First, this means JUST changing the oil filter is easy - drop in go with minimal spill (I hope - not change oil yet). Second, this means that the engine will not starve of oil (the Hyundai Sante Fe has the top mounted oil filter which can cause oil starvation at startup - a flawed design imo). Finally, I have a canister on my Mazda - while it is still easy to change - there is not much for aftermarket oil filtration - unless I convert it. And it spills more oil too.

Good luck and show us pics when you get it.

Solas

I have the BAMR, 20" Wheels, Power Liftgate, And Sirius Radio :rockon: . The only option I don't have is the Trailer Package, and I wish I'd gotten that. For what you get, and the price you pay for it, you can't beat it.

Agreed on the TOW - get it if you can.

I have sirius - but I still hate it. Sounds tinny. Give me HD now, that is different.

Solas

BAMR = Bad A$$ Moon Roof. I love the moon roof - especially since I dont have to wax and polish and seal the roof - YEEE HAAAWWWW!!!. Havent been able to open it yet - it is a wee bit cold here still - 10-25F. Closed it does not make noise :shades:

I like leather - easier to clean and maintain - plus heated.

If you like the chrome wheels - Edges built Jan 2008 and after fix issues - i think. But here is my logic. There is a lot of chrome on the car. The wheels help complete the chrome lines down the side. Further, it is MUCH easier to maintain plastic chrome than metal chrome - BY A LOT. I have them - I like them. They still "creak" a little in cold weather. I would not worry too much about it. if you like them, go for them. However if you dislike the looks, avoid them. I just would not avoid them due to other issues.

I thought I could care less about the Power Lift Gate (PLG). However, it is really convenient and glad we got it. Great for grocery shopping in 15 below weather. I just thought it would be a whooptie dooo - i was wrong.

Our Edge is an Orange Limited and it really does not show dirt a lot - which I like because there is less washing. But it sure shows salt - ick. I just hope we dont get annoyed with the color. Beware with the Dark Ink Blue (if you go that route) - it really looks black unless in DIRECT sunlight.

The interior is Camel. We looked at the Stone - but it was TOO boring and overwhelming. Black was not an option for us - too many furry critters traveling with us.

Sync is a REALLY nice feature - it plays all but our playlist on iRiver Clix Gen 2. It even recognizes underground names like Zoorupa and odd punctuation like T.a.T.u.

Ours has the reverse sensor - have not seen the whole benefit yet because every time we back out of our garage, it beeps at us because of the garage wall - creates a false sense (like crying wolf). Will be installing rear camera due to high lift gate and it is really hard to see when backing.

Ours has the Rear cargo mgmt system - havent used it yet.

I wish the gas mileage was better - but this IS a suv by all means. Ours is averaging about 17.2 MPG - all 100% city with max speed 45MPH per the computer - still breaking in with 698 miles on it thus far. It does have lots of giddy up and go imo.

I like the fact that is has a Can oil filter on the BOTTOM of the engine. First, this means JUST changing the oil filter is easy - drop in go with minimal spill (I hope - not change oil yet). Second, this means that the engine will not starve of oil (the Hyundai Sante Fe has the top mounted oil filter which can cause oil starvation at startup - a flawed design imo). Finally, I have a canister on my Mazda - while it is still easy to change - there is not much for aftermarket oil filtration - unless I convert it. And it spills more oil too.

Good luck and show us pics when you get it.

Solas

What was the fix for the chrome wheels?

What was the fix for the chrome wheels?

Hi beasley. :D The fix, if the Dealer/Ford determine the chrome clad wheel is defective, is a simple replacement with a new wheel.

Some just have squeaky/ill fitting chrome cladding, most don't. Just another sometimes defective part from a supplier. I would assume that Ford is having the supplier address the quality control concerns on current production runs.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi beasley. :D The fix, if the Dealer/Ford determine the chrome clad wheel is defective, is a simple replacement with a new wheel.

Some just have squeaky/ill fitting chrome cladding, most don't. Just another sometimes defective part from a supplier. I would assume that Ford is having the supplier address the quality control concerns on current production runs.

Thanks. So there is no real fix (TSB). It's like any other part that is found to be defective while the car is under warranty.

Thanks. So there is no real fix (TSB). It's like any other part that is found to be defective while the car is under warranty.

Hi beasley. :D Yes, exactly. If the "Chrome Cladding" is determined to be defective/loose, the wheel is replaced under Warranty.

Edited by bbf2530

Guys, thanks for the info. Just talked with my friend at the dealership. Its either a low optioned 07 SEL (dune pearl, no Vista roof, sirius, cloth) for 22K

Or a 07 MKX leather, heated seats, vista, etc for 27K

No navigation, but it has sync.

Looks like Im gonna get a MKX!!!!!!!!

Edited by mikesphoteaux

Guys, thanks for the info. Just talked with my friend at the dealership. Its either a low optioned 07 SEL (dune pearl, no Vista roof, sirius, cloth) for 22K

Or a 07 MKX leather, heated seats, vista, etc for 27K

No navigation, but it has sync.

Looks like Im gonna get a MKX!!!!!!!!

I thought sync was a new feature for 2008.

Went for the 07s since the rebates and deal were incredible.

Didnt want to spend the 2K on navigation, and didnt want a purple:eek: or black car, so we went with a pewter with black leather. No vista roof, but thats okay, in order to get one without all the other stuff we didnt want, we would have had to get a 08.

Essentially, the vista roof would have cost us a extra 8K lol.

Anyway, it has the THX soundsystem, adaptive headlights, heated/cooled seats, power liftgate, chrome 18" rims. Tons of features, it rides so smooth and quiet.

We paid a extra 4K over a Edge SEL with cloth, no THX, no power lift gate and 17" rims....well worth it IMHO.

We paid under 30K for this MKX and couldnt be happier. My buddy did the deal for me(he is a salesman there) and it was a pleasure. Even beat my credit unions finance rate.

0001.jpg

0002.jpg

0003.jpg

0004.jpg

0005.jpg

0006.jpg

0007.jpg