sync update help

I downloaded the v3.8 update from the ford website, extracted the zip file, then transfered the files to a usb drive. Went into my 2013 EDGE, ran the update, after the screen saying please leave the car running, a window opens and say bad installation file, one or more of the files being installed on your system did not install successufully. Its step 4 out of 8. What do i do?? i did a master reset, twice and nothing seems to work, i tried to install it manually without success.....please help..

I downloaded the v3.8 update from the ford website, extracted the zip file, then transfered the files to a usb drive. Went into my 2013 EDGE, ran the update, after the screen saying please leave the car running, a window opens and say bad installation file, one or more of the files being installed on your system did not install successufully. Its step 4 out of 8. What do i do?? i did a master reset, twice and nothing seems to work, i tried to install it manually without success.....please help..

Hi Gateside,

Can you please provide the name of all files and folders on the root directory of your USB? If you choose to reformat and start over, as akirby suggested, make sure it's formatted to FAT32.

Get back to me when you get a chance.

Shaay

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Gateside,

Can you please provide the name of all files and folders on the root directory of your USB? If you choose to reformat and start over, as akirby suggested, make sure it's formatted to FAT32.

Get back to me when you get a chance.

Shaay

Hi Shaay

i have the SyncMyRide folder wich includes all the extracted files from the zip.

i have autoinstall.lst wich is 3 Ko

and i have DONTINDX.MSA wich is 0 Ko <<<< could it be the problem? 0 Ko?

Did a master reset, nothing works, reformatted the usb drive, always at FAT32. I even bought 2 new usb drive, nothing works for me..

I bought the car last month from a Ford dealer. i ran the sync update history and the last update they made was on july 20, 2012 with the sync gen2 v3.5

What can i do?

Hey i just thought about something. When i went to pick up my Edge on delivery day. I entered the car and the screen was cracked. Wich was not when i tested drive the car. Anyway they replaced it. Could they have forget to reset or do something and its why i have problems updating sync??

Hey i just thought about something. When i went to pick up my Edge on delivery day. I entered the car and the screen was cracked. Wich was not when i tested drive the car. Anyway they replaced it. Could they have forget to reset or do something and its why i have problems updating sync??

There is a known issue with downloading/installing version 4.4. I received your PM; we can continue to work there. I'll need additional information.

Shaay