2013 Ford Edge Se dual or single beam headlights.

Hi guys, after scouring the forums I've found some topics on what I'm looking for, but am still slightly confused. It seems like the headlights in my edge are a single beam(single filament) and use a shutter in the projector to change from high to low beams. But after visiting my local Canadian tire(best store in Canada) they seem to tell me that it's a duel beam light (dual filaments) that I need. Can anyone clear this up for me? Been looking at getting an hid kit but then it would seem I need a bi-xenon? Thanks in advance

Your low beams are the halogen projectors, your high beams are the inner lights next to the grille.

EDIT: didn't see you have a 2013. Was referring to the 2015+ gen. Not sure if the same holds true or not.

Edited by cjh

It seems like the headlights in my edge are a single beam(single filament) and use a shutter in the projector to change from high to low beams.

This is correct, single bulb with single filament, shutter moves to create low/high beams (that's for 2011-2014 Edge & 2011-2015 MKX).

• Like 1

Aron, it is likely simple confusion. As you have a Canadian edge, your Headlights are utilized as DRLs (simply a lower voltage is supplied to the headlight bulb). Perhaps all other places assume the DRL is operated via separate filament, but this is not the case. You can always call a dealer or even try a set of dual filament bulbs to ensure that this is NOT the type you need.

Also, be aware that you will need to go to a dealer (or anyone that has access to Ford's IDS tool) to have your DRLs relocated (via programming) from your headlights to your parking/turn lights. Otherwise, HID kits won't work at the reduced voltage and you will lose the DRL functionality anyway (or risk damaging your HID kit).

• Like 1